27. OH MY ELEMELONS!

The way these seven looking at you right now, staring isn't quite the word to describe it. The intensity of their gazes feels like they're trying to see through your head to read the thoughts that you're not ready to disclose.

"Y/n-shi, why don't you tell them yourself that your bias was j_" Bang PD nonchalantly starts to give away your top secret.

"PD NIM, STOP!" you stuff a piece of toast over his lips in reflex to shut his truth seeping mouth.

The whole squad gasps in unison at your frantic action, elevating the tension in the air. Your hands begin to wobble and eventually drop the toast.

You mentally start to prepare an apology note to render while receiving your suspension order.

But Bang PD's sudden yet huge chortle sucks the aura of tension and makes you look like a clam at high tide.

"Okay! Okay! I'm not gonna reveal it if you don't want to Ms Y/n! Let them die in suspense" He wipes the trace of butter off his mouth in between his chuckles.

"That's utterly unfair! How can you do this to your boys Hyung!" Taehyung yells his lungs out.

"You better reveal it before I sue you PD-nim!" Suga casually threatens while slurping his boba tea.

"Jasumineuh! Please tell! I don't want my head to explode and die at this young age." Jimin shifts his puppy gaze at you and makes you mentally scream 'Trap! Trap! IT'S A FREAKING TRAP!

"Sometimes I feel bothered about the existence of watermelons when there are no fire melons, air melons, sky melons and earth melons? Oh, my elemelons!" As usual, Jungkook blabbers something utterly irrelevant to the discussion with a dramatic face, notifying that either he already guessed who it is or not interested in knowing who it is.

"Shut up Jungkook!" All six of them yell in unison, startling the bunny playing with his watermelon juice.

"Manager-nim, it's not like we're gonna make fun of you or something so you can trust us and reveal it. Don't hesitate!" 

You would've trusted, least tried to if anyone else said these words, but for a fact, you know those words coming outta Jin's mouth has no trace of truth.

"Guys!" You harshly slap your hands over the table to stop their pestering questions and pleads, 

"Listen! First and foremost thing, I'm not an army anymore, yes! I used to be an ardent army back then and I still love you all with all my heart but, I eventually evolved out of that fangirl state and now I'm nothing but only a sincere employee of Bighit and also I don't feel comfortable discussing things related to my past fangirl life. So, let's bury this bias topic here, hope you all understand what I'm saying." You let out a sigh of relaxation and lean back in your seat.

"We understand what you're trying to say and we completely respect your opinion, so don't worry manager-nim we won't pester you!" Namjoon assures you as always with a sweet smile.

"Yeah y/n, we get it but at least let us know who your bias wrecker is..sorry was, I know I'm not supposed to pester you but my curiosity will eat me alive if you let us drown in complete mystery" Taehyung seem like he will fall on your feet any moment.

"Stop it Tae! Don't force her if she is not comfortable. It's okay, let's suffer together." Yoongi comforts the young one, though you don't remember purchasing it, he simultaneously throws a ticket to guilt trip at you.

"She is a heap of salt who looks like a sweet candy Hyung, you won't get anything outta her mouth even if you fall at her feet, so just chill out guys, it's not a big deal, what we guys gonna do with that shitty information anyway!" Jungkook again strikes with a valid point in his trademark irritable way.

"But I never thought y/n would be this heart_"

"Namjoon!" Your voice abruptly interrupts Hobi's tantrum.

"Yeah?" Namjoon responds in reflex, "what's the matter y/n-shi?"

"It was Namjoon-shi, my bias wrecker was Mr Kim Namjoon, alright!" Your fingers creep over your face and knead the skin over your temples.

An invisible snort escapes Jungkook's nostrils while his eyes screaming 'I knew it lady!' look.

And the whole squad goes "Woahhh!" 

"It was Namjoon Hyung! Daebak!" Jimin continues to exclaim in sheer surprise.

"Understandable though!" World wide Namjoon enthusiast Jin nods his head right away in acceptance.

"Me? I mean not Taehyung or Jimin?" Namjoon questions you in a baffled tone but you nearly tear up at his candid question which partially portrays his lowly opinion about himself.

Your sharp eyes lock his dragon eyes in a concerned gaze, "why would you ask like that?" You whisper shout at him as you try to push down the lump formed in your throat outta anger and concern, "it was you, you've always managed to grasp my attention in one or another way and kept me distracted from my bias. There are days where I kept on cursing you for making me question my loyalty. You wanna do another Indian hi-fi to believe my words?" Words slip out of your mouth without a filter as the sudden untamable urge to let him know how freaking handsome he is both physically and mentally, hits you hard.

It might be your hallucination but Namjoon's eyes glisten with moisture for a second just like that day at the tea estate,  "gomawo!" He mouths while the corner of his lips curves into a heart-melting smile.

His ethereal dimples make you dizzy for a moment but as soon as you realise the depth of the details you spilt in a haste smears hues of red all over your face, you could feel the curiosity being swapped in their eyes.

"Aigo! look at the way you simp over the bias wrecker! I wonder how much she would've simped over her actual bias then!" Yoongi flips on your panic state as he lethargically points out your accidentally exposed fangirl self.  

Silently you pray up to your favourite God to create a hole right down your feet to hide your embarrassment dripping face meanwhile others make a mental note to find your bias by themselves, except two of them who already knows the nugget of truth.

-

"Ammu we never expected that guy to be such a piece of trash. Their family has a good reputation among our relatives, else we would've never invited that jerk here. We are sorry for what happened today y/n! Please pardon us, We will make sure to do a proper background check next time when we_"

"Shashima please stop it! Will you? Don't be so callous, at least give me some time to heal from those wounds he caused me today, it still stings and hurts and it will for a while. Please understand I'm fed up with people brutally judging me from top to bottom in the name of alliances and shit! Why can't I live my life the way I want? Why do you all think I need a male in life to lean against all my life? Why on god's green earth do you all think my happiness lies in a stranger's hand? I already have my plate full right now and I'm not ready for any serious commitment yet even if you find the incarnation of Lord Rama. So just leave me alone, that's all I ask for!" Your chest rises and falls rapidly as you let out the steam of your curbed anger dissipate into the ether.

She has been apologising since you arrived but she is not ready to understand that an apology without realisation is futile.

"Y/n! I completely understand you, love, I can feel your pain in my bones but don't you dare to disrespect our tradition, this is how we Indian women have been all these years. Although we females started to step up our game, a good marriage life remains as our life's ultimate goal, it's not just ours but women all over the world. All women in this world need a male in their life to support and protect them, that's an inevitable truth. So stop spitting all this feminist nonsense and make up your mind." Your aunt says in a honey dripping tone, laced with irritation.

Tears threaten to escape the brim of your almond eyes, your throat burns as the lump of anger in your throat oscillates up and down. Some days you can't help but just hate being an Indian and today is one of those days, the level of authority these relatives have over a person's life in India made you feel that way most of the time and you hated it with all your heart.

"Alright then if that's how it's gonna go on, I have to confess something Shashima!"

"I have a boyfriend!"