Chapter Sixteen

"You okay?" Isaac questioned, as Tucker got back in the car after making the short trip to Paige and Dan's apartment, "You seem a bit on the edge?"

"I'm good," Tuck replied, strapping on the seatbeat as he spoke, "Just wanted to get in and get out quick. Thanks for waiting."

"Not a problem, could you put in your office on the GPS?" Isaac asked, starting the car.

"It's fine, I know the way from here." Tucker said. Isaac turned on the radio and the two of them talked over the music the entire ride to Tucker's workplace.

Tucker was previously on edge about going to Paige's apartment. He didn't want to risk running into Callum, but thankfully he didn't. Isaac, being the nice guy he was, insisted on dropping Tuck to his office as well.

The two of them had a nice time the night before, but Tucker wasn't looking for anything serious and he made sure Isaac knew it. If Tucker remembered correctly, he did recall Landon mentioning a while ago that Isaac recently got out of a long term relationship. So, when Isaac said he wasn't looking for anything either and just wanted to have fun, Tucker believed him.

The rest of the day at work went smoothly by, Tucker had a couple of meetings and a hearing, so he was mostly out the entire time. On his way back home, he picked up some Chinese and a six pack, ready to have a relaxing night in.

He was in the middle of watching a How To Get Away With Murder episode when there was a knock on the door. He looked through the peephole, and sighed when he saw Callum standing outside. Tucker contemplated not opening the door and letting the man wait outside, after all, what could he do? Break down his door and force his way in? He'd have to leave eventually.

But curiousity got the best of him, and he ended up opening the door. He leaned against the doorway, looking at the man and not saying a word. He folded his arms against his chest, and raised a brow.

"Cute pyjamas." Callum complimented, Tucker looked down at his blue and black flannel pyjamas and rolled his eyes.

"What are you doing here?" Tucker asked.

"You're not picking my calls or replying to my texts. Pretty sure you've blocked me. You didn't respond to the message I left with your secretary. Are you ignoring me?"

"What gave it away?" Tucker fake gasped, "Anyone ever told you you're not very bright?"

"Yeah, the thousands of people I give employment to make sure to remind me everyday." Callum retorted.

"Jesus Christ, you're an asshole." Tucker said, turning back and walking in. Callum followed him, closing the door behind him as he did.

"You're not any better," Callum accused, "You come into my home, kiss me and get on your knees, and then rush out the next minute like the room is on fire! And then pretend like I don't even exist!"

"I've told you a million times to leave me alone." Tucker responded weakly.

"Yeah," Callum snorted, "And I was going to, after the wedding. Until you came into my home!"

"I wasn't thinking straight!" Tucker raised his voice to match Callum's.

"I've already told you that I have feelings for you," Callum said, a little more calmly now, "But you act like being near me would burn you. And okay! Fine! When I finally decide to make peace with that and leave you alone.. you show up at my door. What am I supposed to do here, Tucker? Do you not realise what you're doing to me?"

"My relationship got ruined because of you." Tucker glared at Callum.

"Oh? I'm guessing it was because you came clean to him about us—"