Heavy Crowns, Heavy Hearts

tags: basically taekook sneakily making out in the palace grounds, but they aren't that sneaky per se, open ending, i tried to make this as sickly romantic as i can, kind of forbidden love? idk, the plot is set in the 19th century (sort of), prince!taehyung, royal guard!jeongguk, other members are briefly mentioned as well, short fluff, hope you like it :)
___________________________________________

Taehyung looks over his shoulder, eyes searching and tilting his head from left to right, tuffs of his hair bouncing as he goes. With quick steps, he continues to venture off his journey, pads of his bare feet audibly heard as he walks briskly in hopes of not getting caught.

Surely his father would not be overjoyed to learn that his son has once again been found wandering about outside his quarters at this time, when in fact he should be sleeping as sound as a baby on luxurious cream colored sheets.

Instead here he is, walking around deep into the night, the beautiful night sky his only companion as the calls of sleep astray farther away from him. Because how could one even encounter a single blink of sleep when your mind is just constantly perturbed and restless?

All of this only boils down to his worries and anxiousness over that one person—special as he may be—that has yet to show his annoyingly uniquely strikingly handsome face

"Boo!"

Taehyung whirls around, hands flying to his chest where the rapid beat of his poor heart drums, almost screeching in utter surprise if it weren't for those  calloused hands that holds him by the waist and presses against his mouth to preserve his silence.

In his haste, immersed in his own mess of melancholic thoughts and woes, he failed to sense the presence of the other close by, eyes fleeting left and right that he didn't expect the forthcoming fright that was led upon him from behind.

"Bloody—"

"Ah, ah. A prince should not speak of such crude words, your highness." The royal guard tuts.

Taehyung discontently glares up with only a bare amount of exasperation, no real heat behind the deep browns of those eyes. Still, in petty retaliation, he  parts his covered mouth only to lick across the pale skin of the palm muffling his words.

"Hey—" The man retracts his hand, wiping it off across the front of his crisp and pristine uniform, dampening the royal blue of its color.

The prince scoffs, mild anger evident in the furrow of his knitted brows as he stands straight, looking up in annoyance. "That is what you get for vexing me, you dolt. Just where exactly have you been, Jeongguk? All else I was left to do was to turn the Kingdom upside down to get a glimpse of you!"

"Why dear me, aren't you a feisty doll of mine." Jeongguk teases, a small smile tugging at the corners of his pink lips as he watches the other in glee. Taehyung can only try to push and shove at the man's shoulder, never really doing any true damage. Try as he might, the man is practically made of steel. His broad chest is sculpted to perfection that the prince's weak fist only lands with a muted thump.

That, and because he possesses a too soft heart that is entirely and foolishly fond over his lover.

Jeongguk grins at the weak attempt. "You wound me, my beloved."

"Do you really wish to be wounded? Dare me not, for I shall have you beheaded if you fail to explain of your absence right this instant." Taehyung glowers, his lithe hand that was rested upon Jeongguk's strong pec crawls its way to the man's neck. In his poor attempt at threatening the other, he only ends up caressing the skin he was supposed to latch onto.