Meet and Greet

It was lunch time.

Secretary Jane glared daggers at Assistant Hu as she carried the lunch Alliana asked her to buy.

"You deliberately did it, didn't you?"

While she was buying the President's food, Secretary Jane's heart was full of grievance.

The black card was about to fall into her hands! She would finally have new sets of expensive dresses again! She would finally have to date a handsome man again!

But... it was gone in a flash.

Why?

For a long time, she reflected.

Her boss was one of those eccentric bosses who did not change their minds easily.

Secretary Jane then remembered that it all started after Assistant Hu coughed. That was when her boss changed her words!

It was all Assitant Hu's fault!

Assistant Hu ignored Secretary Jane's glare and took the food from her.

"I don't know what you are talking about."

Inner Hu: Ha. Ha. Ha. You deserve it! You cunning woman! That is for putting the blame on me!

Secretary Jane puffed her cheeks. She knew that Assistant Hu really did it deliberately! There was no longer a need to confront him.

Inner Jane: I will get you next time!

While the two were having an internal fight, which was the usual, Alliana was on a phone call with her mother.

Her mother, Annie Chu, knew that it was her lunch break, thus, she called her daughter from time to time at around this period.

Especially on the days that she was about to marry.

Like now.

"Yana, please come once. George wants to meet you. He is a very kind and charming man. You will like him, I promise." There was a pause before the feminine voice spoke hesitantly again. "He is very much like your... previous dads."

Alliana frowned. "Mom, I told you. I am not meeting this George unless it is the day of your wedding."

"Come on, Yana. Don't be so stuffy! He's a really nice man! Just meet him at least once."

"What's the purpose of meeting him when he only dies or disappears after?"

"Jang Shin Ye!"

Her mother finally called her full name. She must be really angry.

"Don't talk like that. George is very different from the men I have dated before. This time, I get the feeling that he is the one."

This hopeless romantic mother of hers.

Her mother was already at the age where she should not believe in this nonsense of finding 'the one'. Goodness, that kind of love story only exists in movies and in her sister's novels.

Alliana could not help but roll her eyes. "Mom, I should have recorded what you have said before in all these years. Every single man you met prior to him is 'the one'. Because you keep saying that, we don't believe in 'the one' anymore."

Alliana purposely hit her Mother's weakness. Though from the very beginning, she did not have that kind of nonsensical belief.

As expected, Annie Chu's voice softened. She said guiltily, "Those are my mistakes. All of you should not take those to heart. The three of you are still young and are all in the right age to enter serious relationships. I am already in my forties. I want to settle down with a man whom I feel is suitable for me."

At this time, Assistant Hu knocked on the door and entered. He brought down the food box on her desk.

"So Yana, please come, okay? George really wants to meet you guys. Besides, his brother will also be coming. It's a meet and greet between our families."

Alliana raised a brow.

Meet and greet between their families?

Wasn't her mother moving a bit too fast?