["Sometime you have to] Spread Your Wings [," John said.]

A few days past since Brian met John and Brian refused to go to any band meetings

A few days past since Brian met John and Brian refused to go to any band meetings. Instead, he only ever left his house to go to school or to get food. Roger would periodically check-in to make sure that Brian was okay and they would play card games before Roger would whisk away to work with Freddie at the used clothing shop.

I don't know who I hate more right now, Brian thought as he watched Roger drive off to work, Freddie or John. At least I have Rog.

Brian sauntered over to his desk and opened up one of his class binders labeled 'Astronomy.' He pulled out a deck of notecards and began to scribble down key terms to flash study later.

His phone rang from the kitchen and he growled. I'll just let it ring, he decided, I need to get this studying done. It is probably some telemarketer or something. When the echoing ring finally stopped, Brian was able to concentrate enough to begin transcribing his notes again.

A few minutes passed and the phone rang again. Brian snapped the pencil in his hand. I really don't have time for this, Brian thought. He got up and stood by the phone torn between letting it ring out again or answering it to see who was desperate to speak with him. Before he found the courage to finally pick it up again, the ringing stopped.

"That's very interesting," Brian muttered aloud. He walked back to his desk and prayed that whoever was calling him had given up.

An hour went by and Brian had almost finished going through the notes in his most recent Astronomy chapter before the phone started to ring again.

"Bloody hell! What do they want?" Brian fumed. Some people have lives and a class that they want to pass! he thought.

He marched back over to the phone and answered it in the most chipper voice he could muster, "Good afternoon. This is Brian May speaking."

"Hello, Brian. This is John Deacon," the voice on the other end greeted.

Brian fought back the urge to slam the phone back down on its hook.

"John," Brian asked through clenched teeth, "Why are you calling?"

"Well, you haven't come to any of the band meetings in the past few days and I otherwise had no other method to reach you. Freddie wrote down your and Roger's number in case of emergencies, but this isn't really an emergency," John stammered.

"Then why are you calling if it isn't an emergency?" Brian asked. And did he say 'your and Roger's number?' Brian wondered.

John's sigh slapped Brian's ear through the phone and John replied, "I'd like to take you out to lunch to talk. Just the two of us to go over Lycan things. I'm sure you have questions."

"When? And where?" Brian inquired. He narrowed his eyes.

"I scoped out a little hole-in-the-wall Italian restaurant called Sammy's that is in the middle of Freddie's place and your place. I thought it would be good to meet on neutral territory. I also checked out the menu and they have substantial vegetarian options since Roger mentioned yesterday that you were a vegetarian," John said, "And would it be alright if we went tomorrow just to get it out of the way?"