61

BONDING

____________

After a couple of minutes, Mrs Weasley interrupted the silence;

"Boys, are you staying the night?"

"Yeah, tomorrow we will spend the first night at the flat. There're some things that aren't ready yet but we wanna be there before opening the shop," George spoke, while Fred stood up from next to me to walk next to his twin.

The ginger woman nodded, looking not completely pleased with the answer she got. Everyone knew Molly Weasley didn't exactly support the twins' decision of owning a joke shop. Even though I personally thought it was a great idea.

A whole hour later, the twins announced they needed to sleep and their parents followed them shortly after, asking if Remus and I were okay and offering us the empty rooms in the house. I declined kindly since even though I was extremely tired, Remus wasn't planning to sleep anytime soon and I wasn't going to let him by his own.

"Lilith, why don't you go to sleep, my dear?" he insisted, but I quickly shook my head. Remus let out a long and heavy sigh. "Fine, then, mind coming with me out? I need a bit of fresh air."

We opened the door silently, making sure all the lights were off so we didn't bother anyone, and sat on the porch, close to each other to keep the little heat around us. The dim moonlight covered us under a starry night, Remus couldn't help but stare at it with despise and tears in his eyes. I let my head rest on his shoulder and he patted my knee.

"Thank you for all the support you are showing me," he sincerely spoke, giving me a little smile I corresponded.

"There's nothing to thank me for, Remus. You would've done the same for me."

A very short silence installed between us. It wasn't uncomfortable at all, but it felt heavy since it was early in the night. Probably just a few hours left from sunrise.

"Lilith, can I ask you a question?"

"Go on."

"Did you see Circe up there as your Boggart?" Remus asked, watching carefully my reaction.

"I did. It was terrible." The memory of my mother holding her wand against Fred's neck made me feel sick and full of sorrow. The fear in his brown eyes and how he murmured the word 'darling' was deeply trapped under my skin and all I wanted was to run inside, go upstairs and kiss the ginger boy with all the love I felt for him.

"But you didn't only see that, did you?"

My heart raced and I raised my head from the man's shoulder. "How do you know?"

"Molly's reaction. She's known for a while Circe's your Boggart but never until now treated you properly. You had to see something that actually shocked her. Otherwise..."

The thought about confessing Remus my feelings for Fred rambled in my mind. It was admitting it out loud to someone who wasn't Liv nor Hermione, the ones who saw the revelation moment, but also it was Remus, one of the only few people I would have trusted with my own life. The person who always stood up for me and protected me every time he could and one of the first people to find out about my encounters with the ginger.

"I didn't." I finally let out. "I saw Circe killing Fred Weasley. Mrs Weasley saw it, that's why she was being so considerate with me."

Remus's eyes opened widely but he managed to recover from the surprise and to pass his arm around my shoulder. I wasn't going to cry, I already did it upstairs in front of the false corpse and Molly had to see me in such a low moment, I couldn't allow myself to breakdown for a Boggart in front of Remus who just a few hours ago actually lost someone as important for him like Sirius was.