Wedding Bells Ring!

Chapter 33 - recap

"So that's why I always beat you," Natsu teased.

"Hey, it wasn't my fault I didn't know my way around your garden...!" I defend myself.

"But I still beat you later on..." He grinned.

"Not always," I huff. He laughs and shakes his head.

"Alright I'll give you that, but I still think I'm best." He adds.

"Whatever, you egotistic maniac..." I mutter as he pulls into the driveway of the mansion.

• * •

Chapter 34 - Wedding Bells Ring!

Today is the day. Today is the day! I shot out of bed and into a shower. I kept finding myself squealing in delight, excited for what was to come. I stepped out of the shower and got changed into some clothes before heading down the hall to get some breakfast.

A pair of arms grabbed me up making me squeal and laugh. "H-hey! Put me down," I laugh. Natsu set me down but kept his arms around me. He leaned his forehead on mine and stared into my eyes for a while. His hand held my cheek and then he toyed with a lock of my hair, which was in a messy bun.

"Who would have thought, a day would come when we would get married?" He asked to no one in particular.

"No one would have guessed it Natsu. Not even us," I tell him.

"Natsu! Lucy! It's almost time to go!" Lady Dragneel's voice carried through the halls. Natsu kissed my nose and forehead before going. I stood there a little while longer holding two fingers to the place on my forehead where his lips had met my skin. Then my arm dropped to my side and I went to eat.

After finishing we all went to the park in the center of Fiore. It had a beautiful tree and colorful flowers and it held the essence of beauty in its peak. Tents and chairs where being set up along with tables and other things. Natsu and I head over to a group of friends who where waiting to take us to secret locations to get us ready.

"Don't touch anything," I tell Natsu. He rolls his eyes and heads over to Gajeel and Gray.

"Don't let him out of your sight!" I call.

"Shut up, I'm not a kid Lucy!" Natsu hollers.

"I'll take care of him!" Gajeel laughs and Natsu glares at him while Levy, Erza and Juvia pull me away to get ready.

"Ah, I can't believe it Lu! It's happening!" Levy gushed.

"But she isn't the only one anymore..." Erza grinned.

"I'm just glad Jellal finally proposed..." We all sigh and burst into laughter.

"But we have to hurry! We only have an hour to get her into her dress and get her fixed up!" Levy rushes. Then they get to work getting me ready. I had a long hour ahead of me...

• * •

"Okay, hand me another pin!" Levy orders.

"Here," Erza handed her another bobby pin which was pushed into my hair to hold up the bun Levy was putting it up in. Erza was finished with my makeup, which was flawless. My dress was waiting for me nearby and Juvia was making last minute adjustments.

"Finished!" Levy announced and pulled her hands from my head. She had woven a few flower petals into my hair and it looks gorgeous. I stood up and went over to Juvia where I stripped and then stepped into the dress. It fit perfectly, the top being close fit and the skirt was made of a loose material that swished and swayed when I moved.

"Here's your shoes," Erza leaned down and slid them on my feet.

"Thank you, guys. Seriously." I look at each of them before pulling them into a large group hug.

"Let's go Lu. It's time you got married," Levy said gently before we all headed out. My veil was placed on my head and I was handed my flowers and the girls raced to get to their places and before walking down the isle they straightened themselves out a bit.

I looked over to Igneel who was walking me down since my failure of a father was never going to be the one to do it. I held my breath as I turned to see Natsu waiting. Time seemed to slow as I walked. I was walking towards my future, with him. Natsu Dragneel, Basketball Star of Fairy Tail High, reckless idiot, business man, my best friend, and the man I loved.

He had a small reassuring smile on his face as Igneel let go and he helped me up. The priest began reciting, "as we are gathered here today, to..."

I couldn't take my eyes off Natsu. The words floated away, and time stilled again and we seemed to be in our own land. Then Natsu began speaking and I realized we where saying vows. When it came to my turn I repeated what I was supposed to before uttering the two words I had been dying to say. "...I do."

The priest smiled and granted Natsu permission to kiss me, and he did just that. The crowed cheered and I smiled into our kiss. This was heaven on earth, and I wanted it to last forever. But of course, heaven on earth can never last. And all good things must come to an end.

And just as soon as things where looking bright, someone turned out the light.

• * •

Chapter 35 - The Rain - preview

My hand was over my mouth and Natsu was shaking slightly. Wendy was sobbing into my chest quietly and Mrs. Dragneel was pale.

"He didn't want to tell you because he didn't want you to worry. He wanted to see you happiest while he faded." She sobbed.

"You shouldn't have kept this from me, from us!" Natsu cried.

"I had no choice, Natsu! It was his will, and I only wanted him to be happy!" She gasped.

"Well it got us all real damn far," Natsu growled before racing outside into the storm.