Chapter 125

After leaving the castle in her cat form, Jenna soon transformed back to human in an empty dark alleyway in Hogsmeade. No sooner had she taken out her wand than she Disapparated away. Although she had transformed herself to look like a woman she had seen a few times at the Ministry of Magic over summer.

The sky was taken over by a deep darkness which could've only be brought on by midnight. Only a few hours was left to dawn, but it felt as though the darkness was never going to leave the night.

Once Jenna opened her eyes, she found herself outside a large, old-fashioned, red brick department store called Purge and Dowse Ltd. It was the entrance to St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries.

The place had a shabby, miserable air; the window displays consisted of a few chipped dummies with their wigs askew, standing at random and modeling fashions at least ten years out of date. Large signs on all the dusty doors read closed for refurbishment.

Jenna leaned close to the glass, looking up at the very ugly dummy with her breath steaming up the glass. She then said in a different voice than her own, "I'm here to see Arthur Weasley."

With that, the dummy gave a tiny nod, beckoned its jointed finger, and so Jenna walked through the glass as though she was passing through water, and vanished from sight, emerging quite warm and dry on the other side.

There was no sign of the ugly dummy or the space where she had stood. Instead, Jenna had entered a room full of Healers who ran around, trying to help those wizards or witches who had been injured or lethally jinxed.

But without paying the slightest attention to any of them, Jenna ran upstairs after reading a few signs, knowing that she could find Arthur in the emergency section.

Although the moment she entered the corridor, Jenna saw Molly waiting outside the room as she paced around with her eyes red and puffy.

"Molly!" Jenna called out, walking forward.

Mrs. Weasley came to a stop looked at Jenna's direction oddly, and only then did Jenna remember that she wasn't in her own form.

So lowering her voice, she said, "It's me. Jenna."

"Oh, I'm so glad you're here!" Molly suddenly cried out, taking a handkerchief out of her purse, wiping her tears away.

"How's Arthur doing?"

"H-he's all right," Molly said in between sobs. "He's not too s-severely injured, but he's l-lost a lot of blood all the same."

"I'm sure he'll be fine," Jenna said softly before bringing Molly into a hug, letting her cry against her shoulder.

"Oh, I was s-so worried!" She kept sobbing. "I-I thought I had lost him for sure when I received Dumbledore's Patronus, saying that he had been attacked at the Ministry! And to think of our children — oh, Lord!"

Jenna had no idea what she was supposed to say, so she just held the woman tighter, trying to comfort her wordlessly.

She knew how it felt to fear losing a loved one. After all, she had lost both of her parents the last time she was at this same hospital.

"Mum!" The two women turned at the voice, only to see Bill rushing up the corridor and toward them.

His glance then fell on the stranger who was hugging his mother.

"It's okay, Bill. It's Jenna," said Molly quietly.

Bill gave a curt nod before asking urgently, "How's Dad doing? I came as soon as I received Dumbledore's Patronus."

"The Healer said he was going to be all right," Molly answered, sniffing. "We were lucky that Dumbledore was informed of it earlier than he was supposed to. Or Arthur would've been at the verge of death."

"It was Lexi?" Bill asked, and Jenna nodded. "Well... I'm glad that he's fine." He looked relieved, but still seemed rather tense.

They stayed there for what felt like hours, until the door to Arthur's room opened and the Healer walked outside, looking tired.

"Well!?" Molly asked briskly, at the verge of tears.

"He's all right," said the Healer, offering them a warm smile. "I'm sure if things go well, he'll be able to leave the hospital in a day or two. So there's nothing to worry about."

"Oh, thank goodness!" Molly cried out, placing a hand over her fast-beating heart.

"Can we visit him now?" Bill asked.

"Of course." The Healer nodded. "He's in talking condition. But he has lost a lot of blood, so he'll need to rest. I'll be back to check up on him in an hour." And with one last polite nod at them, the Healer left.

"You two go on," said Jenna, knowing that they would probably need some alone time with Arthur. "I'll go get you something to eat. Or maybe just some tea. It helps with the nerves."

"Thank you, dear," said Molly, patting Jenna on cheek in a motherly manner before entering the room along with Bill.

With a deep sigh, Jenna left the corridor, on her way to bring them cups of tea and to give them all some privacy with Arthur.

But as Jenna was passing by to get to the cafeteria, she came to an abrupt halt when she saw a small window set into the double doors that marked the start of a corridor signposted spell damage.