(1) The body

Alex was in her room, listening to music and dancing around. Mostly just vibing to the music as she was preparing her outfit for school tomorrow before going to bed early like she always did on the first day of school.

Suddenly, she heard a knock on her window. She immediately knew who it was, as she turned around to Stiles peeking through her window, holding onto the roof. She was surprised he hadn't fallen off y-. She didn't get to finish her thought as panic filled his face when his hands slipped and he fell down onto the grass with a soft thump.

She went downstairs after turning the music off to meet him. When she opened the front door, she saw Stiles still laying flat on the ground.

"I've told you, so many times, 'don't go up on the roof, you'll hurt yourself as you fall down.' And how many times have you listened?" She said standing in the door leaning into the frame with her arms crossed and her head tilted to the side.

"None." He said before getting up. "But this is worth it. I heard it on my dad's police scanner, two joggers found a body in the woods!" He looked at her with eyes that were filled with excitement and curiosity.

"Stiles, as much as i love a good mystery, it's school tomorrow, i always go to bed early, and besides, if they already found the body, what could we possibly do?"

"See but that's the best part. They only found half." He looked over the moon at this fact and Alex rolled her eyes with a smile on her face.

"Fine. But you're taking the blame if my parents find out." She shook her head while grabbing her shoes and putting them on.

"Deal." He said with a goofy smile on his face. "But first we're grabbing Scott too."

§{~}§

They pulled up to the woods with Scott in the backseat. It had always been like that, Alex rode shotgun if Stiles was driving, but if she drove, Scott rode shotgun and if Scott drove, Stiles rode shotgun. That was the unspoken rule that had happened over the years if the three were in the car together.

As they walked into the woods Alex started thinking about what could happen in the woods that night.

"Hey Stiles, what half of the body are we looking for?" Scott asked as he broke the silence. "And what do you suppose we do if we find it?"

"Huh, i didn't really think about that." He answered.

"And what do we do if we meet the killer out here?" Alex asked.

"Also something i didn't think about."

"Well, it's comforting to know that you planned this out with your usual attention to detail." Alex said as they started climbing up a small hill.

"I know." Stiles said, a little out of breath.

"Maybe, the severe asthmatic should be the one holding the flashlight, huh?" Scott asked as he used his inhaler.

As the trio continued they all dropped down to the ground as they saw the search party ahead of them.

"Hey come on!" Stiles whisper yelled. Alex followed after quickly as she was not about to be left alone in the dark without the flashlight.

"Stiles wait up!" She whisper yelled at him while running after him. She heard Scott calling after them but before she could slow down suddenly she fell to the ground as she hit someone's back and heard barking, and she felt someone laying on her legs.