𝟔. 𝐄𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞

I thought they were joking when they said the dungeons." Sunghoon looked around the rusted door and chains with mold covering the walls. The floor was also layered with dust and mud.

"And it's all your fault." He looked back at Eunhae. "Who told you to go to the werewolf territory?"

"Who told you to follow me?" Eunhae scoffed as she hesitantly sat on the side of the bed whose mattress was torn and its springs were springing out.

"It was out of instinct." He replied with pursed lips and dragged the dusty chair to sit on it. He took out a tissue paper from his pocket and wiped off the dust with a scrunched-up nose.

"So what are we supposed to do here? Sit and try not to kill each other for the next 24 hours?" Eunhae titled her neck and noticed every move he made.

"You're not even worth me murdering you." He retorted making her a bit taken aback but she wasn't surprised.

"There's been a lot of people here before us." Eunhae thought out loud while looking at the walls filled with disturbing scribbles and scratches.

"Nicholas told me some students have been kept for some years for breaking serious rules." Sunghoon replied.

"I wasn't talking to you." The girl looked at him with no apparent expression that ticked him off even more.

"You're honestly the most annoying person I've ever been acquainted with. The purgatory is nothing. You're the real penalty for me." He glared at her even though he barely ever got angry at anyone. "I literally can't stand being in the same room with you."

"Huh so go out. Just get out from here then! I don't even want to see your face let alone be in the same place with you alone." She scoffed and tilted her head to the side to avoid looking at him.

The girl felt a shadow tower over her and looked up to find Sunghoon blankly staring at her while closely eliminating the gap between them.

"Don't. Ever. Shout at me." He stated while staring directly into her eyes that made her throat run dry. She had never seen him this serious before. She wasn't fearful of the boy but rather felt a knot form in her throat from the embarrassment.

She said nothing. He wasn't even worth gaining a reaction from her in her eyes.

Before Sunghoon could back up his hand slipped on the wall behind Eunhae which made him lose balance and he almost landed on top of her but stopped himself from falling as his hand gripped on a brick that stood out from the rest.

From the impact, a loud sliding of rocks echoed through the place startling both of them.

Sunghoon looked at the hollow passageway and then at Eunhae who looked back and widened her eyes as well.

The girl pushed him back and he pursed his lips while gaining his balance as he stood up.

"My gut says this is something dangerous but my brain says I need to find out where it leads." Eunhae thought out loud while peeping her head inside in the darkness.

"Get aside. As much as I hate you I can't risk anyone getting hurt." Sunghoon ordered and lit up his hand for light. It was one of his abilities, pyrokinesis to sum it up but it was much more than that.

"I hear rats!" Eunhae felt her skin crawling as she held the back of her elbows.

"Do you expect butterflies in an ancient escape tunnel?" Sunghoon looked back at her as they started climbing up the steel ladder attached to the stone wall inside the tunnel.