22: From Me to Us

Bella

"Angel are you okay?" Lucca asks me and I want to say yes but then we promised we won't lie to each other, keep no secrets from each other. So I shake my head and tell him no. I instantly feel his arms around me tighten.

I tilt my head back and look at Lucca's beautiful ocean blue eyes. He bends his head closer to mine, so his face is so closer to mine that I feel his warm breath on my flushed cheeks. I look into his beautiful ocean blue eye that were sad and filled with so much worry.

I move my hand from under his and cup his cheek. I thought I needed to his touch to calm down but as he leaned into my touch and closed his eyes. I realized he needed me as much as I needed him. "Lucca I am so sorry". At my apologies he shoot opens his eyes and looks at me in confusion. "I don't why my mother was comparing you that evil monster who tried to kill me" At the mention of Corbiniano and the incident his nostril flares. I might be over it but Lucca has been on edge since the incident.

Noticing his anger I quickly try to change the direction of conversation. " Lucca I don't why my mother was saying all that even when she clearly know you are the one who saved us, saved me."

He inhales deeply as he places his hand over my hand that his covering his cheek and the pulls it closer to his lips. He kisses the palm of my hand and I feel a shiver run down my spine. "Angel you don't have to be sorry for anything and you did nothing wrong." When I try shake my head and disagree with him, he squeezes my hand gently, stopping me.

"Angel," He says and wait for me to meet his eyes back. "You are my everything angel and I will do anything in my power to keep you safe. Do you understand?" I nod and notice a soft smile touch his lips but not his eyes.

It was clearly visible that he was hurt at my mother's word, comparing him to that evil monster was wrong. I understand she might have my best interest at the heart but how can she say Lucca and that man was same. So in order to clear the space I try to speak again "Lucca I love you and I know you will always protect me." At my words I notice his face demeanor relax for a bit. "And we both know you are nothing like him and will never put my life in danger. My mother was getting overly protect and that's all. That doesn't mean she hates or thinks less of you."

I notice his face expression change from relax to sad and I couldn't understand why. 

"What's that look Lucca, what happen?" I ask in worry wondering if he going to break up with me? Am I too much to handle?? My family? the drama that I dragged along with me, is it too much?? Is it more that he bargained for? I start worrying my bottom lips as I bite on it.

"Hey, hey angel look at me." Lucca says as tilts my head up so my eyes meet his. "Nothing of that." He says as he runs his thumb over my lower lip and pulls it down, escaping it from my bite. I pinch my eyebrow together and look at him in confusion wondering if he heard my thoughts or by any chance I said them out loud. "I know what you are thinking angel and It is not going to happen, ever." His tone firm and strong "I love you and under no condition am I going to leave you or let you leave me. So get that thought out of your pretty head. Got it?" He adds the last part in a soft tone as he waits for my response and then kisses my forehead, keeping his lips linger there for few seconds even after the kiss.

My heart swells up in at his words and my eyes tear up "I love you to Lucca and I promise you no matter what people say I will always be with you. Only you."

"Promise angel?" He asks as he looks right at me and I nod my head with a hesitation of second. "Promise Lucca." Our eyes meet and I notice him searching them but when he finds whatever he is looking for I feel his body relax under me.