29

you felt the warmth of the few streaks of light falling onto your face. it felt so peaceful. there was a soft breeze which you inhaled and you figured it must have been close to evening, around 3pm.

hearing a beeping sound coming from your side, you wanted to open your eyes and look what was disturbing your peaceful sleep.

but you couldnt, you tried to sit up but that also failed. your body was not listening to you.

looking at the back of your eyelids, the only thing you saw was a black void while hearing a continues beeping. you wanted to open your mouth but you already expected the outcome.

suddenly your mouth felt really dry, you then felt something on your face, around your mouth area to be exact.

you focused on the sound of your breathing and heard it sounded harder than it had to be, it was a if there was an echo in your breath.

figuring out you were probably breathing into something, you reasoned it could have been that you were attached to a hospital ventilator.

which is a machine that provides mechanical ventilation by moving breathable air into and out of the lungs, feeling straps around your ears, you knew it was one with a breathing mask as well.

as you came back to your senses even more, you felt several bandages wrapped around your stomach tightly. and you remembered the past events.

you remembered how the 4 of you fought hanami untill you passed out along with inumaki. you wanted to know how everyone was doing right now, especially inumaki.

assuming that you were in the infirmary, you tried to stay as calm as possible. it wouldnt do any good to stress about something if you couldnt do anything at the moment.

you figured that at least inumaki was safe now as the two of you had stopped fighting, he did get a fatal wound but seeing that you, who had a worser fatal injury, were still alive, he would have been too.

not knowing about megumi and kamo, they couldve fought to death for all you know. the thought scared you greatly.

suddenly you heard the door slam open and you heard footsteps of two people nearing your hospital bed.

"she is still out, isnt she? you heard an unfamiliar voice speak up. right after that you heard a voice that you recognized and that put you on ease.

he spoke up, "aw come on nanami, it hasnt even been 4 days." you heard your sensei speak up with excitement in his voice to the so called nanami. "give her some time, you should have seen her injuries." gojo said suddenly in a serious tone.

you heard the unfamiliar voice sigh, "i have heard that it is a wonder that she is still alive." nanami spoke up in a monotone voice. you heard someone shift a chair besides you.

gojo took place on the chair next to your bed and said, "nope! its not a wonder!" he corrected nanami in his usual cheerful tone.

it was quiet for a while and gojo then spoke up again, "its the power of her clan." you were surprised, you didnt even know your clan had a power and were eager to hear everything about it.

"but that is a story for another time." your sensei sighed and he leaned back in the chair. you were slightly disappointed as you wanted to hear more about your clan.

especially since you found out that your clan had something special. it would explain why your dad was called a famous sorcerer too.

you tried to connect the dots in your head but were interrupted by gojo standing up and clapping his hands together. "well then, im sure she will wake up by the end of next week."

you knew that the event had started on monday, and 4 days had passed since you were unconscious. which meant it was friday now.

if gojo meant end of next week then that would mean you would be out for another 7 to 9 days. you panicked at the thought of having to spend so much time in the dark.

right then, you heard them walking away from your bed towards the door of the infirmary. the door slammed shut and gojo spoke up, "ill be right there! i just have to check something quick." he spoke through the door which he slammed in nanamis face.

you heard his footsteps approach and he sighed once more. "dont worry, i know you heard that all." he said and you felt something shift on your bed next to you.

as he was sitting on the bed next to you, he continued, "i will speak with you about the l/n clan one day and will make you stronger so you wont end up like them." he said.

there was a conformable silence before he stood up again, before he left, he spoke up once more, "oh and inumaki is doing well too." he said with amusement laid in his voice.

"he is still in a coma like you but is scheduled to wake up most likely tomorrow." he continued as he walked to the door.

you relaxed immensely at the news you received from your sensei, it seemed like all your current concerns just got cut in half.

the thoughts in your head were once more disrupted when you heard close murmuring outside the door. "let me see her." you could make out it was the voice of a male, a young one that is too.

you heard nanami, who left not too long ago, speak to him. "we can not allow anyone else besides doctors and teachers to visit her." he spoke up in a stern tone.

"but i love her!" the unknown male said in a raised voice. it was quiet for a while and you heard gojo say, "ohohoh, young love, i see." with an excited tone.

your memory was still fuzzy and you knew the voice was all too familiar. it couldnt be inumaki though since he was still in a coma.

nanami spoke up again in his usual tone, "when she gets discarded, you will be the first to know." he breathed out annoyed as he remembered his past experiences with love.

you heard all of their footsteps retract and soon heard nothing besides the beeping monitor next to you. you would definitely find out later who it was.

knowing you couldnt do anything better at the moment besides overthinking and sleeping, you chose the latter and let your unconsciousness take your body over once again, drifting into a peaceful sleep.