< XX >

Cataleya Valentina Velez: 

People start running around the room like crazy, but all I can think of is Neveah. I lost her about thirty minutes ago and I don't know where she is right now. 

Celine pulled me behind the bar and told me to stay down as she searched for something to help Brandon with his cut. A blonde boy attacked him after the first shot. 

I notice that Rio and Marco start shooting at a bunch of people. The bullets of the enemies come close, but they never hit their target. 

After a few minutes, the shooting stops and the whole room goes quiet. All I want to do is look up just so I can see what's going on, but a boy next to me decides to look over the edge. He immediately gets shot, splattering blood all over me. 

Celine covers my mouth, so that they won't know we're here, and looks me directly in the eyes. Her eyes say enough, I need to shut the fuck up. 

I follow her back to Brandon and grab his hand. His neon-orange shirt has a deep red stain moving up on his left side. He squeezes my hand tightly as he tries to not make too much sound. 

'Hold this!' Celine shouts as soon as the gunfire starts again. She throws a gun my way and turns back to Brandon. 'What am I-' 'Shoot anyone you don't trust.' She snarls, before wrapping a piece of cloth around Brandon's waist. 

Just a few seconds ago she was barely able to stand on her own. Yet here she is, helping her dying friend. 'Cazzo-' Brandon bites on the thumb of his other hand and tries not to scream too loud. 

The room goes quiet again since everyone ran out of this place and they stopped shooting. 'Montre toi, Curzio!' A deep voice shouts. 'Venez me chercher!' It's Rio. 

Of fucking course it's him. I try looking in the direction of the voices, but stay down since the blasting starts again.

I look at the gun in my hands and just pray to god that I don't have to use it. My eyes glide to the dead body of the boy that wanted to look and I feel my stomach twisting and turning. Death... 

In the past month, I've seen and heard more about death than in my entire twenty-one years on this earth. All because of Rio. 

'Cataleya, come on we have to go!' Celine snarls, pulling my arm, making me drop the gun. 'Wait-' 

And then it happens. A tall figure grabs my arm and yanks me back, pulling me tightly against his chest and pressing the cold metal barrel against my temple. The man reeks of sweat and alcohol. 

'Shit!' I hear Celine mutter something French as she is pushed to the side by the man holding me. She falls to the ground, dragging Brandon with her as he passes out. 

'You're very pretty...' The man whispers against my neck, making me flinch. I absolutely hate men. 

'Don't fucking touch me!' I scream, trying to break out of his arms. He's strong, but if I could just- 'Curzio! Tell your men to stop shooting or she dies!' The man shouts at the person on the other side of the room. 

Out of all the people he could take, of course, he picked me. Why would he pick me? Rio is the most selfish person to ever exist and I know for certain that he wouldn't give a single fuck about me dying. He would simply blink it away because he doesn't care about anything but himself. 

'What makes you think I care, Mario?' Mario? He knows this piece of shit!? 'You might as well just kill me, he won't fucking care!' I shout as I try to break free again. He sighs and presses the barrel against my temple a little harder, making sure I know about the fact that I might die any second now.