RIP

Chapter 25

"Elaine! Elaine wake up."

My head pounded, I could hear everyone but I couldn't respond, I couldn't move.

"Elaine open your eyes"

My eyes slowly opened to the horrifying scene. Our limo we rode in exploded, pieces of it lying in the road along with everyone's bodies who sat in it.

"King...where's King."

"I'm right here we're okay."

"Is everyone okay?" I sat up holding my head, I looked down to see blood on my hands and glass in my leg. I screamed as I pulled it out and stood up.

"King! We need help!"

We ran over to Keegan who sat on his knees with panic written on his face, "Camilla is stuck"

Camilla's body laid under a large car piece,

"Hey Laine" She gave me a smile but you could tell she was in pain. "Hi beautiful, you're gonna be okay."

"No it's okay, you don't have to put on a front and lie to me. I know it's bad and I know i'm not gonna make it."

"Yes you are don't say that"

"Elaine don't ever leave King, that boy needs you to function."

"I won't, I promise."

"I love you Laine Aine"

"I love you too Cami."

Her body went limp and she laid unconscious. "Keegan..."

"What! Help her!"

"Keegs she's gone."

"No she's not! She's fine she's just stuck okay! So help me move this."

Despite us all knowing she was gone we still helped him move the car off of her. "Okay Camilla come on open your eyes."

He shook her body, tears rolling down his cheeks. As I looked around everyone else covered their reactions, some had to walk away including me.

From a distance I heard Keegan sob, begging King to do something.

There was nothing any of us could do...she was gone.

"Elaine..."

Throughout all the dates with Michael she always stepped in and made me feel comfortable. She made sure Luis stayed away and she kept me safe. She was my friend. And they took her life.

"Elaine."

"What!" I snapped causing everyone to look at me. All I could hear anymore were the flames crackling and muffled voices. Nothing was focusing, everything was blurred and felt clouded.

"Elaine...Elaine!"

And before I knew it my body collapsed and connected with Kings arms as he caught me.

"You're gonna be okay, okay? Help is on the way it's gonna be okay..."

I knew King was leaning over me but I couldn't see him, I could only hear his words.

Kings POV

"Elaine you are not going to die, do you understand that! I love you, you aren't leaving me! Where are they!" My eyes snapped over to Cole as I held her body, her eyes drifting.

"King they're coming."

"Come on Elaine...come on baby."

"King..."

I held her tight and kissed her head. "Come on."

"Sir we need you to allow us to take her from you, we cannot save her this way."

I reluctantly let her go and jumped into the car one of my guards brought, everyone jumped in. I pulled away not caring if everyone was in or not.

She's not going to die. If she dies it's going to be my fault and I'm not going to let that happen. We are supposed to get married and have a family. I was supposed to leave this life and we're supposed to get a beach house for the summer.

I swerved through the traffic tailing the ambulance that held her.

"Come on..."

"King you need to calm down before you kill us all."

I knew they were right, but I needed to be with her.

As soon as we pulled up at the hospital I jumped out and ran over to her, noticing that her eyes were open.

"King..."

"Elaine you're going to be okay"

"King I love you."

"Stop it! You're going to be fine."

"Say it."

"I love you."

The nurses stopped me before I could enter the room as if i wouldn't set this entire hospital into flames.

"You let her die and i'm killing every single one of you in the worst ways you can fucking imagine."

Fear filled their faces. I don't care. They're going to do everything in there god damn power to keep her alive.

"She's gonna be fine King. She's stronger then any of us know."

"Where is she!" Imani and Valencia ran through the hospital doors pushing all the nurses to the floor. They were soon carried out by the hospital's security as they were screaming for Elaine. "What did you do!"

"Stop it Imani." Cole stopped her, "It wasn't his fault...they put a bomb on the limo."

She fell to the floor, Cole ran over and held her shaking body.

Elaine was the only family each of them had minus Imanis brother.

"If she dies." Valencia stepped up to me, "Just know all of this is your fault."

She was right. Everything that has happened to her tonight is my fault. Camilla dying, Elaine witnessing it, all of it. If she doesn't pull through I...I'll kill everyone in this city until there's no one left.