Never have I been so wrong

Third Person POV

The Eagles soar through the sky over a great distance and over many landscapes. Thorin lies unconscious in one Eagle's talons; the others watch in worry and fear.

Bilbo grips tight on the dragon scales, making note of her weakening state.

"Thorin!" Fili shouts in despair.

The Company approach a massive rock structure shaped like a bear; it is the Carrock.

The Eagle carrying Thorin gently deposits him and his sword on a flat area on top of the Carrock. Another Eagle lands on the Carrock and Gandalf slides off its neck, running toward the unconscious Thorin.
"Thorin! Thorin."

The dragon lands and Bilbo climbs down as she shifts back and lies of the ground fading in and out of consciousness.

Thorin is not responding. Bilbo runs up. Gandalf places his hand on Thorin's face and whispers a spell.

Suddenly Thorin's eyes flutter open and he gasps for air.

"The halfling....the elf?" He mutters weakly

"It's all right. They're is here. They're safe."
Gandalf turns to look for (Y/n) and jumps up at the sight of her weakly standing.

"My dear, easy on your feet, that was a stupid idea!" She looks down at her feet, "but kind and brave....I made the right choice".

By now, the other dwarves have all been landed on the Carrock, and they surround the wounded Thorin.

Dwalin and Kili help Thorin up. However, once he's up, he shrugs them off and approaches Bilbo.

"You! What were you doing? You nearly got yourself killed! Did I not say that you would be a burden? That you would not survive in the wild and that you had no place amongst us?"

[Thorin advances until he is face to face with Bilbo, who looks worried and frightened. (Y/n) goes to push herself of leaning on Gandalf to defend the little hobbit. When suddenly the unexpected happened.

"I've never been so wrong in all my life!"

Thorin grabs Bilbo and embraces him deeply. The other dwarves cheer loudly and slap each other on the back. Gandalf smiles. Bilbo, looking quite surprised, hugs Thorin back.

"I am sorry I doubted you."

"No, I would have doubted me too. I'm not a hero or a warrior...not even a burglar."

Thorin turns to (Y/n) with regret in his eyes. "I am sorry, I am so sorry, you jumped to save me and my kin.... you cannot thank you enough. I am honoured to have the Queen of Dracagoth accompanying us" everyone stared on disbelief of this out of character Thorin.

(Y/n) too was taken back by these words, and knew how hard they must have been for him to say.

"Well that's a relief as it's a bloody long walk home."

As everyone chuckles, the Eagles fly away, screeching. Thorin looks beyond Bilbo and sees something; he strides forward, and the others follow his gaze.

"Is that what I think it is?" Bilbo asks on disbelief.

In the distance, on the horizon, they see the outline of a single, solitary mountain.

"Erebor—The Lonely Mountain. The last of the great dwarf kingdoms of Middle-earth."

"Our home."

A bird cheeps and flies by.

"A raven! The birds are returning to the mountain."

"That, my dear Oin, is a thrush."

"But we'll take it as a sign - a good omen."

"You're right. I do believe the worst is behind us."

The Company looks on at the Lonely Mountain as the sun comes up behind them.

"I sure do hope so" (Y/n) sighed at the sigh of the mountain......

In truth no one knew what was yet to come, what they would face, who they would meet, and a romance yet to bloom.