040

real life !

real life !

Aspyn's legs ran involuntarily as soon as she met the familiar warm gaze of George. He saw her running and his eyes lit up like a moon, his suitcase dropped on the floor forgotten. His arms parted without a second thought, and she ran right into them. Her arms wrapped around his neck, while his travelled to hold her torso. Her body was leaning away from him due to the face that he was towering over her, their bodies were flushed together as if the walls were closing in.

The Filipina's eyes were closed shut as she absorbed the moment, being hyper aware of her arms around him and his tightening around her. It was a moment neither of the two wanted to forget.

George could feel her heart beating erratically against his own, which was beating to a similar rhythm. Her face was right in the crook of his neck, almost fitting like the last piece of a puzzle.

Perfect. It was perfect.

Up until Alex interrupted with an awkward cough, that is. The two reluctantly pulled apart, each of their cheeks bright red with grins wider than the state itself sported on their faces. Even after their cute moment, they remained close to each other, their arms brushing against each other as George opened his arms once more to give a hug to Karl and Alex.

"Nice to see you, man." Alex grinned as he patted the older brunette on the back. The quartet made their way to the car, with Aspyn and George continuing to shoot each other shy glances. Karl rolled his eyes and finally spoke up once Alex began driving. "You guys talk like all day, and now that you're literally seeing each other in person, you can't say anything? Whack." Aspyn leaned over, swatting the back of his head with a glare.

"We'll talk after George sleeps. His flight was like— what, a day and a few hours?" She looked back at the man for confirmation, who had to take a moment to pull himself together at the sight of her wide brown eyes. They had hints of gold in them— small speckles that he wouldn't have been able to notice through a screen.

He nodded, "technically it was like 10 hours. But with delays and travel time, one could round it up to a 30 hour flight! Pity me, Karl." He teased, earning a chuckle from Aspyn. They made their way inside, and George fell asleep right as his head landed on Aspyn's pillow. Karl was right. She smelt like vanilla and cherries, but there was also a strong hint of cinnamon. Whatever combination it was, he was contently engulfed in it as he dozed off.