18

Diluc phased back and forth as he waited for his wife to come out of the room.

Madam Ping proposed they stay at her place until their trip ends along with the Yaksha. That way, Anthea and her child could be a little less in danger. However, they still had to fulfill what they came to Liyue for. And that is to gather more investors at the three day Gala. 

Xiao volunteered to move the belongings they have left in the Pavilion. With his speed, it was not too long until he has brought everything.

"You seem rather bothered." Xiao spoke, initiating a conversation with his mother's husband. He knew he could be trusted. He was a proper man afterall. But he still wanted to know what kind of person he was.

"I am but thrilled to see my wife with the ball gown she made."

"You cannot fool an adepti with that front. There's something more." Both of them wore the same intense steady gaze. And while the words of the Yaksha were sharp, it was his attempt to connect with his mother's lover.

"If you insist. I feel the need to come up with a plan to keep my wife safe during an open event. We can't avoid the presence of the Fatui in the Gala. And we cannot publicly fight them either as they've established businesses in Liyue too. "

"You seem to know about these things very well."

"I do have infallible connections." Diluc muttered as he crossed his arms.

"If it has to do with mother's safety, I'm willing to lend a hand. I won't be blending with the crowd, but I will stay close. I will be there immediately when trouble comes."

"That's reassuring to know. However, I still need a concrete plan. I do not wish to rely on haste actions. And I'm going to need people for that." Diluc mumbled.

"I could speak with the rest of the adepti. The adepti have rather close attachments to the Nymph of Teyvat, so they'd be willing to do anything for mother." Confidently, the Yaksha said.

"Good. How many can you persuade?"

"Would four be enough." Diluc nodded.

"I wish there could be more, but that's a fair number. "

"That wouldn't be a problem." Xiao smuggly closed his eyes and crossed his arms. "Perhaps the two 'children' hiding behind the bolder beside Madam Ping's hut would want to help."

Diluc's brows met in confusion as he turned around to check the perpetrator Xiao speaks of. 

"I told you they would notice us here,  Razor!"

"You can never hide from the senses of the Adepti." Xiao growled, sending both of them a threatening glare.

From behind the huge rock formation, two young men stepped forward, revealing themselves under the sun.

"Bennet? Razor?"

"Hello, Master Diluc.. " Bennet greeted with a sheepish grin on his face as he scratched the back of his neck.

"What are you two doing in a place like this?"

"We were tagging along to explore new places when Razor started mumbling about catching Miss Thea's scent."

"Flowery teacher.. Where?" Razor growled, turning his face towards all directions in search for Anthea.

"My wife is fine. But she's currently still in danger. And now that you're here, I want to ask you two.. " Diluc's gaze upon them softened, almost unrecognized by them. He has always worn a steady gaze infront of others that even razor was not used to the softness in his eyes.

Gently, he touched both of their shoulder. "Please help me save my family." he asked ever so gently. Far away from his strict intonation they have always been used to. 

"For flowery teacher, Razor.. Will fight."

"I'm pretty sure I'll just end up bailing the mission, but I'll do anything for miss Thea."

"Bennet? Razor? How come you guys are here?"

The two young men turned immediately turned from Diluc at the sound of the serene voice both of them werr all too familiar with.

"Miss Thea!"

"Purple Teacher!"

Both of them tackled her into a hug, which Anthea accepted with her arms wide open.

"You look really beautiful in that gown Miss Thea! Well, you've always been Beautiful, but you're extra dashing today!" Bennet enthusiastically praised.

"Gown.. Captivating in flowery teacher."

"Thank you both of you. I made this myself."

Anthea happily twirled around to show the entirety of her dress. It was crimson in color, with hues darkening all the way down forming an elegant gradient. Glitters and little rubies adorned the whole gown, creating an enthralling fiery effect as if they were glimmering pyro particles. The color complimented her skin, making her face and her body glow more than the shiny stones.

Diluc watched her wife in awe, and even was flustered by his mother's beauty.

Diluc walked towards her, reaching out to her hand to give the back of it an affectionate peck. "You look beautiful in my colors, Dear wife."

"I want to represent you, and the Ragnivindr clan."

Just seeing his wife in a beautiful dress that represented his colors made Diluc elated. Back in the Gala in Monstadt, Anthea wore his brother's colors instead as they were not in good terms during that time. And he was pretty certain she never heard the end of Kaeya's whining until she approved his color back then.

So he felt excited, that even in that little moment they missed, he was given a chance to redeem it.

He just wished to the Archons that nothing bad happens in the Gala so that they could have their moment like a normal couple.