Trust

*yas finally finished this idk how I wrote so much yesterday I must have been possessed or something.. anyway enjoy!*

    Izuku slowly walked home from school it was finally Friday. After a whole week of digging for information on Kage, Izuku still had practicality nothing on him. Just that he had reduced crime rate by 25% but nothing on his civilian identity or if he was trustworthy. Though he wasn't sure if you could trust anyone when it came to being quirkless. He never expected his mom to leave or his best friend to bully him just because of something he couldn't control. He never thought that the heroes and adults would ignore his suffering.

    But every thing had changed and now he couldn't trust anyone not to betray him. The only hero that he still looked up to was All Might, who, as far as he could see had done nothing but help people. Izuku held no grudge against him he seemed to be the only hero who did his job just for the sake of saving people. There might be more heroes who didn't do it for fame or money, but Izuku had yet to meet any. 

    Izuku arrived at his van and set down his school bag on the front seat. Then Izuku finished his homework (which was considerably easy, though his teachers always tried to make it harder for him). Once he was done with that he took out a book he had borrowed from the library, it was about engineering he had got it hoping it would help him fix the phone he had found. Izuku didn't understand all the words but he got most of it.

   Suddenly a knock sounded at the front car door. 'Is it Kage?' Izuku closed his book and crawled across the seats to open the door, setting the book down on the seat, he grabbed his pocket knife before peaking through the patched up window. Outside stood Kage, in all his masked glory, Izuku opened the door a crack and hesitantly stepped out still holding the rusty pocket knife.

"Hey, kid."

"H-hi."

"How have you been holding up?"

"I'm f-fine."

"Hey, watch ya reading?" Kage asks as he peaks around Izuku to look at the book which was sitting on the front seat halfway open.

"O-oh tha-that, it's a-about en-engineering. I borr-borrowed it from-m the l-library."

"Really?" Kage looked a little surprised at that, "Why are you reading about engineering?"

"W-well it's a-an interesting to-topic, a-and I needed-d  some help-p fixing the v-van."

"That makes sense, what did you use for the solar panels?" Kage points to the solar panels on the van's roof.

"Oh w-well you see-"

    The pair spent the rest of the evening discussing the book and Izuku's van, it turned out that Kage also had some experience in the engineering field. Izuku started to get more comfortable talking to the vigilante, but he didn't completely trust the mysterious man just yet.

"Well I'd better be going. Thanks for the interesting conversation, do you think I can visit again next Friday?"

"Sure."

"Great! I'll see you next Friday then!" Then Kage walked out of Izuku's little garbage cove. 'He was actually.. nice.. Maybe I can trust someone..'

That night Izuku fell asleep, hoping that he can finally have a friend.

(557 words)