Epilogue

Chapter 26

"Come on bad boy."  I dragged King by his hand into Imanis new dance studio she opened.

"This is dumb. You're the one who doesn't know how to dance."

"Yes I do! We just have to learn an official dance for the wedding."

—————-
Kings POV
Flashback

"King Sicilano?"

My body tensed as the nurses entered the waiting room, "yes."

"She's okay. She's awake and she wants to see you."

I quickly got up and followed the nurse to her room.

"Hey Sicilano."

"Hi beautiful...are you okay?" I watched as she looked at the ring I bought her.

"I'm okay, it doesn't hurt too bad."

"I thought I lost you."

"This is payback for when our roles were switched." She tried to make a joke but I didn't find it funny. "King i'm fine, i'm okay." Her eyes drifted around the room, "She didn't make it did she?"

I shook my head knowing she was referring to Camilla. Camilla was like a sister to all of us, Keegan was so in love with her.

"Can I see them?"

"I need to do something first" I searched my pockets to make sure the box was still in them, which it was. "Elaine Morgan i've made a whole lot of mistakes in my life but keeping you around will never be one of them."

"I fell in love with you the moment I saw you at the bar and I knew that I had to have you, and now I do. We've been through some rough times but you've never given up on me...and I plan on doing the same for you, Elaine will you marry me?"

I watched tears fill her eyes before she nodded her head and wrapped her arms around my neck.

—————

Elaines POV

As soon as I opened my eyes I needed to see Keegan. I can't imagine how he must be feeling after what happened...

"Hey Laine..." He sat down on the edge of the bed as I nodded to King, letting him leave. "How are you feeling?"

"Keegs I'm fine...how are you?"

He sighed and grabbed my hand, "King told me you'd be worried about me. Everyone knows the risk of this life, Camilla knew the risk of this life when she joined, she knew there was a chance she could die and this was the decision she made. This is how this life is and all we can do is mourn and let go, many people die in this life, innocent or not."

————————

Elaines POV
Present time.

King and I get married tomorrow. We got engaged exactly 4 months ago today.

I thought that was last day I ever was going to see King, but here we are getting married tomorrow.

Keegan's doing better. The funeral was hard but we all needed that closure. The first two months were the hardest, having to do certain things we used to do without her. It'll never get easy, but it helps to know she's at peace.

"You ready?" Valencia peaked through the door, us girls set up a day for manicures, pedicures and an appointment at the hair salon. "I'm always ready"

The day was great. Before we left we all wrote a note to Camilla and let a balloon go.

"We love you Cami."