chapter eighty-seven

CHAPTER FIVEHOME

CHAPTER FIVE
HOME

YOU'RE FINALLY HOME.

━━━━━━━━━━

The nine teenagers began coughing profusely as they stepped out of the smoke from Sooyeon's spell, still not used to the girl's powers.

"Here, you don't have to worry about switching between your human and demon eyes. You can just use your demon ones and choose whether you want to be in human form or not. You guys are rather lucky, as most demons can't access their human forms since their parents gave birth in demon form."

The nine teenagers looked up, their mouths parted as they looked around at the red sky. Everything around them looked the same as it did in the overworld, just with a really red tint over it.

They looked around a bit more, noticing they were standing in the middle of a road with tall office buildings surrounding them.

They each ducked when they heard growling from next to them, backing up behind Mark and Sooyeon immediately.

"They're the test subjects from the overworld, calm down, Taeyong."

The werewolf immediately dropped his growl, backing up as he walked behind one of the buildings. When he came out again, he was in his human form, dressed in black skinny jeans, a red long-sleeved shirt, and a black t-shirt on top of it.

Watching the older boy walk out, Donghyuck covered Hyeji's eyes with his hand. The long-haired girl only smacked it out of the way, she and the others slightly laughing.

"Stop being like that," Hyeji smiled, grabbing Donghyuck's right arm to put around her shoulder. Donghyuck dropped his pout, replacing it with a smile.

"Is she here?"

The nine looked around at each other, once again confused at what the tall dark-haired male was asking about.

Sooyeon noticed, "this is Taeyong. His mother left him here with his father to participate in the research. He has a younger sister, Minsoo. Do any of you know her?"

The teenager's faces paled at the question, not sure how to answer the question without making the older adult saddened.

"What?" Taeyong asked, noticing the looks on their faces.

Eunha fiddled with her fingertips as she stepped forward, about to answer him. "Minsoo-"

"What?"

Eunha dropped to the group after hearing the familiar voice, not expecting her to suddenly come out of nowhere. "I told you to stop doing that! Where have you been?"

Taeyong lifted a brow as he watched the girl pick herself up, talking into an empty space. "Who is she talking to?"

Renjun bit his lip as he looked between Eunha and Taeyong, "she's talking to Minsoo."

Taeyong's face dropped slightly, "what do you mean?"

Mark walked towards his older friend, "Eunha had the power of necromancy."

"So does that mean..."

"I'm sorry, Taeyong," Hyeji said, stepping forward. "Minsoo had a power surge at Neo House and was... killed. She helped us here and has been keeping in touch through Eunha."

"What do you mean I have a brother?"

Eunha sighed, "were you not in the hotel room when Mark and Sooyeon explained it? Where do you even go to when you aren't with us?"

Minsoo shrugged, "I like wandering around without feeling unsafe. But yeah, I heard what Mark and Sooyeon said. I started wondering again when we got here."

"This is where you guys can stay while we get everything figured out once again

"This is where you guys can stay while we get everything figured out once again. Thanks for helping me and my team out with all the information you provided for us and we're really sorry you had to go through all that stuff, Renjun."

Renjun smiled at the older boy, thankful to finally feel safe again. Eunha stood by his side, ruffling his hair lightly, "I'd say you're better now, right?"

Renjun nodded, knocking off Eunha's hand playfully. They laughed lightly, turning around to go back to their friends sitting on the sofa.

"So that's it? We're finally safe and free again?" Hyeji nodded from Donghyuck's side, leaning against his chest as they laid on the couch.

"Areum, Jisung, wanna play this game with me?" Chenle asked from across the room, turning on the large flat-screen TV to a game screen.

The two other youngests of the group joined their friend, excited smiles on their faces as they picked up their controllers.

"I guess we can finally rest," Jaemin sighed, reclining into the couch with a smile.

"I think I'm gonna take a nap, wake me up if there's anything important going on," Jeno yawned, grabbing a blanket from the cabinet and laying on one of the empty couches.

All around the room the nine finally let their guards down, finally happy. Although they had only found out about the underworld that day, they still felt at home immediately.

Finally, they no longer felt like the outsiders.

→ ♕

decided to upload the rest of the story today!

i was originally gonna make renjun and eunha like royalty for something but idk i kinda just like this overall simple ending. how do u guys fell abt it?