chapter eighty-eight

[ chapter eighty-eight: epilogue ]

"Will you idiots come on? Everyone is waiting!"

Renjun smiled at his girlfriend, taking her hand in his as they waited by the door for the rest of their friends to hurry over.

"Your hair looks fine, babe," Areum groaned, pulling Jisung out of the bathroom. Jisung let her pull him away although he was still unsure of how well he actually looked.

"Mark and Sooyeon are already leaving their house, Donghyuck and Hyeji are with them, along with Jeno and Jaemin," Chenle spoke, looking up from his phone as he walked into the living room.

"Alright, let's hurry up and get out of here before Taeyong yells at us," Eunha said, adjusting her hair.

The younger kids nodded, filing outside to the cars. Eunha and Renjun followed behind, Eunha going to the passenger's seat with Renjun going to the drivers.

The car ride there was quiet, only the soft sounds of music playing in the car as they drive to the large building awaiting them.

When they finally arrived, they joined with their friends, walking inside together. They were greeted with many other adults and such but still made way to the back where Taeyong was.

"Finally, you guys made it," the older boy smiled, engulfing each of them in hugs. "The ceremony is about to begin, are you guys all ready?"

They each nodded, straightening out their clothing. After everyone had gotten situated, Taeyong took them back out onto the stage.

He stood in front of the mic, looking down at everyone seated, including all of the teenager's parents and family alongside his own.

"Welcome, everyone, to the official funeral of Lee Minsoo. As you all know, Minsoo was taken when she was younger and experimented on. During her time in the other world, she was killed. Here now are the friends of her to speak on who she was and provide insight to those who wish to have known her."

Jeno was the spokesperson for the boys, standing tall in front of the microphone as he looked over the crowd. "We only met Minsoo around two or three months ago but she's someone I will always hold close to my heart. She played big roles in helping us escape and making sure to tell Eunha if she found anything too dangerous. Every time we were together before she passed away, she tried to make jokes and stuff. I'm sure we could all agree that in the short time together she definitely always tried to brighten the mood."

The crowd clapped as Jeno walked away, some of them wiping away tears while others held them back.

Eunha slowly walked towards the microphone, a bit nervous to be in front of such a large group of people. "I have had the honor and pleasure of being able to communicate with Minsoo even after she passed away. Although I can say that these enhancements performed on me have taken tolls on my health, I am still grateful to process enough power to share something with you all today."

The crowd watched quietly as Eunha stepped backwards, closing her eyes and pointing her head slightly upwards.

Her hands were held out in front of her, bent at the elbow. Her hands formed fists as she opened her eyes. A second later blue sparks began flying from her fists.

She held her breath until she heard gasps coming from the crowd.

When she opened her eyes again, she nearly began crying herself. There Minsoo was, still in her ghost form but now an electrifying purple that everyone could see.

"I knew you could do it," the older girl smiled, walking over to Eunha and wrapping her arms around her.

Eunha wanted to hug her back but she knew the moment she let her arms fall to her sides that Minsoo would disappear.

"Still need some training so hurry and do what you want please," Eunha joked.

Minsoo quickly released Eunha, looking over all the crying and shocked faces. She was about to say something when she heard a sniffle from the side of the stage.

"Taeyong?"

The older boy's eyes widened when she said his name but none the less he nodded, still happy that she even knew who he was.

"I'm sorry we didn't get to spend much time together but thank you so much for helping take care of them. I really appreciate everything you've done. I wish we had more time together but just know I will continue watching over you and the others later on."

Taeyong wiped away a tear as Minsoo stepped towards him, wrapping her arms around his waist. He hugged her back, trying to keep from letting all of his tears fall at once.

When Minsoo finally let go, she walked back towards Eunha and the others, sharing words with them before turning towards the crowd and thanking them for attending.

When Minsoo finally began to disappear again, Eunha let out a tired breath, smiling as Renjun came to hold her upright.

The two walked back towards the mic, Eunha wiping her glossy eyes as she continued talking. "Before we knew who we really were, we felt like outsiders in our own world. But now, together, we feel more connected than ever."

━━ • 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗘𝗡𝗗 • ━━

world outsiders;
simplydreamies