Going Home

Even though everyone noticed that Charlus had changed, his schedule didn't. He always spent time with his friends, and he always ditched them at 6 to go to the library. It became a habit to him. 2 months later, Christmas slowly approached.

"All those who want to go home for Christmas must sign up here." Madame Abadie stopped the students from leaving even though her period was over. Christmas vacation would start from the next day.

Charlus immediately went towards the line in front of Madame Abadie. While he wanted to stay with his friends for the vacation, he wanted to be with Harry more. After all, he ditched Harry to come to Beauxbatons. It would be unfair if he didn't come for Christmas too.

When Charlus came to the front of the line, Madame Abadie gave him a form and said, "Fill it and put it on my desk. You can go after finishing the form."

Charlus took the form and started filling it. As it turned out, all of his friends were going home for Christmas and it would be pointless for him to stay back.

After they filled the form, all of their group of friends went to their usual spot instead of lunch. Charlotte immediately raced in front and then turned back to face them.

"We have been friends for almost 3 months. How come we don't have a name for our group? How about... the Service of the House Houde?"

Everyone laughed at Charlotte for suggesting the name. Lucifer suddenly went forward and said, "I understand that Charlotte sucks at naming, but we have to have a name. I think we should call ourselves Demons of Beauxbatons."

"And you are the leader?" Lucas raised the next obvious question.

"Obviously. Who else is more charismatic?"

"Selene."

Charlus' words drew attention to him. Then everyone thought for a while. Selene was indeed the person that everyone interacted with. She was the one who had divided the groups when they had searched for Charlus. She was also the person who told everyone what to bring when they had picnics instead of lunch.

"We can even call ourselves Angels. Selene will be our leader. When we learn to use the wand, we can protect everyone from bad." Fleur suddenly spoke up. Everyone agreed.

"Angels," Everyone said. They felt that the name was fitting.

That day, Charlus was in a very good mood. He went to the library and went to the section about Alchemy.

_____

Place Cachée | 31st June 1985 | 9AM

Then they went to Vault 712. Charlus stood up and said, "I will go alone." Sirius nodded. He was very liberal, and since there was no dark magic, Sirius was fine with Charlus going alone.

Charlus went inside and saw a stone pedestal in the middle of the room. There was a source of light directly above the pedestal, but Charlus couldn't find it. He walked forward and looked at the letter closely.

He picked up the letter, and opened it. It had only one line.

"Read every single book regarding Alchemy in the Beauxbatons Library Elementary Section."

Charlus read the line and put the letter back.

When Sirius and Charlus left the bank, Sirius asked Charlus, "Not going to tell me what the letter was about?"

Charlus stuck out his tongue and said, "No chance."

________

Beauxbatons Library | 16th December 1985 | 7:50 PM

Charlus was almost done with his book. It was the last book about Alchemy in the entire school. Since Alchemy was a very profound subject, not a lot of books were found in the elementary section that Charlus could access.

He flipped to the last page, and there, there was an envelope. The envelope had striking similarity to that in the Gringotts vault. Charlus opened the envelope excited about what it would contain.

In it was a card, and he read what was written on it.

"Your brother was almost killed by an Evil Wizard. That Evil Wizard will try again. You have six years to find me. If you find me, I will tell you how to save your brother, at a price. I leave you with a few words – 'Alchemy is the way.' If anyone finds out, you will lose your chance."

As soon as Charlus read the card, it burst into flames along with the envelope and there was absolutely no trace that they existed.

Charlus went deep into thought. The person who left the card was most definitely his savior. If he wanted something from Charlus, there would be no way that Charlus would end up with Sirius. That meant that the mysterious person who saved him could be trustworthy. Moreover, the life at stake was that of his brother, the one person that Charlus valued above all. Charlus immediately decided that he would find this mysterious person no matter how.

In the corner, there was a figure, watching Charlus, without anyone noticing. Anyone, except the librarian, Old man Rick. Old man Rick had watched the whole scene of the letter bursting into fire, but played it off as a prank. However, he saw the figure watching Charlus, and then understood what was going on.

Charlus left the library with a determined expression on his face, while Old man Rick smiled, as if he knew everything that was happening.