God Complex | Armin x (God Complex) Reader

Prompt- Reader has a god complex and Armin helps some

Armin always worried. About plans, theories, loved ones and more. And you didn't make it any easier. Your flamboyant and bold personality was a big contradiction to his sweet and mellow one. You had this... ideology that thought you were perfect. In truth Armin believed you had a right to feel that way though. To him your were the smartest and most beautiful person he had even seen. He practically worshiped the ground you walked on. You did have a habit of being rude to others and putting yourself first, often acting like god. But the issue came when that personality was present in mission.

Recon was dangerous and you thought that your were god. Invincible, untouchable, and overqualified for the job. You were good, but you weren't that good. You could die or mess up and get hurt. That's what scared Armin. You had this way of putting yourself at unnecessary risk. A risk that Armin, as not only your boyfriend but comrade as well, made him nervous. That why every expedition he gave you the same speech to stay safe and not to risk anything that you didn't have to. However when you weren't on expeditions he did his best to help you. Usually once a week you would say down with him and talk, almost in a therapist way, about your complex.

He was never rude about it either and didn't offend you at all. He talked nicely and always listen, never judging or bullying you in any way.

"I don't understand your question. I am amazing. Who wouldn't worship me?"

"That's not what I meant. Why do you think others feel that your the best? What makes them follow you and not someone else?" He question but sweetly, not mocking or anything negative.

"Because I simply am the best." You didn't say it rudely, instead your tone was even and genuine.

"How do you know?"

"I just do. Have you seen me? I have everything" Even though the words were conceited, you still remained nice and you truly beloved your words.

"Okay, moving on... what about you makes you think that your above others?"

"Because i'm better at things than them."

"Yeah sure maybe you are but why does that make you better? Shouldn't we all be treated equally? Isn't that what we deserve? Kindness and human decency. Sure some people hold positions of power over others but we're all human and deserve to be treated well no matter our abilities or assets. Living in a world where trivial things like abilities and money determine a persons value... then what's the point? What's the point of living when your not valued?
"I'll answer the question- there isn't one. There's no point in living in a world where others treat you like trash. There's no point in living in a world where people are greedy and you can't trust one another. There's no point living in a world where people are only concerned with themselves. In that world everything is bleak and harsh, not beautiful or worth living for. Back to the point, having confidence and believing in yourself is good, but too much and everyone being that way will lead the world into despair, people divided and chaos the new normal."

You thought about his words, they made sense and had a point.

"Now don't get me wrong I know it's not just a bam speech and fix and all but I hope you think about it, it might help, maybe... I think." he knew what he meant but he still wanted to convey that he understood.

He knew he could fix you immediately and he didn't want to. He wanted you to change because you wanted to, not because he or anyone else forced you.

"No no don't worry, I understand and I think it's helpful. I never really thought about it that way. Thank you Armin." You smiled at him.

"Yeah sure! Of course anytime." He was relieved your were offended at his words, he had slightly thought that he had said too much and made you feel defensive somehow.

The two of you continued to talk, the conversation staying light until the two of you left for dinner together.

a/n- this is super short so i'm so sorry

also if theres any grammatical errors please tell me, i do my best but to edit but i still miss stuff sometimes so please let me know:)

double also, i'm trying to purge some of my requests so that's why there're more posts today than usual

do you prefer daytime or nighttime?
[i prefer nighttime]

this was a request by 14141414t

stay safe love<3