Laughter | Jean x Reader

Prompt- Spending the day with Jean

Modern AU

Jeans body shifted, his face now pointed towards you. You had been staring at him for the last minute or two, you just waking up yourself. Jeans eyes fluttered open, the pupils dilating and then expanding when he recognized you.

"Morning beautiful." He mumbled tiredly.

"Morning baby." You answered back.

"How long have you been up?" He asked.

"Only a minute or two." You said as he hummed and shook his head.

"What are we gonna do today?" You asked, thinking for a moment before continuing, "I don't really wanna do anything." You groaned, stretching your arms and legs.

"How about a lazy day? We can put something on the TV and stay in bed." He suggested.

"Sounds good. Although we can't have a lazy day without snacks." you groaned.

"Your right, and we finished all we had so it looks like we're heading to the store."

"But I don't wanna." You whined, snuggling further into him and the bed.

"I suppose just I can just go. Alone." He said quietly in your ear.

"No. Don't leave." You grumbled sternly, wrapping your arms around him and pulling him into a tight hug.

Jean chuckled and leaned into you, appreciating your touch.

Eventually he got out, getting dressed and ready to leave with you in tow behind him, wearing sweatpants and a baggy hoodie of his. He smiled as he took your hand, leading you out of your house and to the car.

The store wasn't too busy, some people here and there but since it was a weekday and still morning time most people were at work. The two of you grabbed a cart before wandering the store, picking things off of shelves or out of freezers as you went. Jean watched as you stumbled slightly every once in a while before eventually turning to him.

"Can I sit in the cart?" You asked.

"Sure." Jean smiled.

He helped you into the cart, rearranging things to help you sit more comfortably. When you were situated he pushed the cart like you had before. You'd point things out to him that you wanted and he'd grab them before handing them to you, letting you decide where to set it in the cart. Soon you were done and went to the check out, the cashier gave you a strange look but you and Jean just giggled in response.

Soon everything was scanned and paid for as Jean pushed the cart out into the parking lot. He walked steadily until he got out the door, then he ran. His speed made the cart go faster and faster as he angled it towards your car before hopping on the back of the cart, the two of you drifting across the pavement. You both laughed loudly, the rush of adrenaline and laughter making it better.

He slowed the cart down near the trunk of the car and loaded everything in it before turning to help you out. He set his hands on your hips, lifting you out and setting you back on your feet. With his hands still in place as the two of your grew quite for a second before his fingers moved, tickling you. You screamed and fell to the ground, practically paralyzed if it weren't for the fact that you were squirming like you had been electrocuted. Jean's assault didn't follow you down and instead he stayed standing, him laughing above you. You frowned at him, scowling and furrowing your eyebrows in fake anger. He laughed again before taking off to the drivers side of the car.

"I'm gonna leave you!" He said while running.

You immediately got up and went to the passenger side, yanking on the door handle only for it to stay shut, Jean clearly having locked it. You could hear Jean's laughter as you pounded on the window, a click sounding from underneath you in the car door. You pulled the handle again, opening the door and sitting in the seat, the same angry face and scowl on you.

"I-I'm sorry love, that was-was pretty funny though." He said between his laughter.

You gave him a glare before releasing it, your face going back to normal. Jean smiled at you and gave you a quick peck on the cheek as an apology before starting the car and driving the two of you home.

When the two of you got home you and him unloaded the groceries you had gotten before deciding which ones to eat, dropping them on the bed before getting in it yourselves.

The two of you cuddled together, putting on a movie while causally eating your treats. You and Jean fed each other something every one in a while, other times he'd take it out of you hand as you went to eat it and then eat it himself- causing you to do the same back.

The rest of the day continued like this and after a while you fell asleep, Jean hugging you to him. He looked down at your sleeping form, a smile spreading across his face and adoration in his eyes before he too relaxed and let his eyelids slide shut, drifting into a peaceful slumber by your side.

a/n- i wrote all of this in my english class lol, i really should be paying attention but this idea popped into my head and i couldn't help it :)

ps- the locking you out of the car part is something that happens to me very often💀

i hope you enjoy and thank you so much for reading, this book has been growing quickly and i'm so thankful for your support, we reach 40k reads!!<3

what's your middle name? do you like it? if you could change it what would you choose?
[Mines Marlene]

this was a request by sxmminotfound

i love you sweetheart. make sure you've eaten food and drank some water today love<3