Regret | Levi x (Dead) Reader

Prompt- Reader and Levi get into an argument and he leaves making the biggest regret of his life

TW for- Gun, Violence, Death, Arguing/Yelling

Modern AU

"You know what Y/n, fuck you!" Levi yelled walking into the kitchen.

He had heard a rumor about you cheating on him. He wouldn't say who told him but you had a feeling it was Petra. She always did things to make you look bad so thinking that she might be behind this too wasn't that much of a stretch. Levi had come home, immediately questioning you which evolved into this fight.

"I told you I didn't cheat!"

"Do you have any proof?"

"What do you mean proof? I didn't cheat, I mean come on, were married and have a kid for christ's sake do you really think i'd cheat!? please believe me!"

"I can't."

"Why? Is it because you want to believe that I did?!"

"What? of course not!"

"Then tell me."

"I can't do this anymore. I'm leaving."

"Your gonna leave me and K/n here? Alone? Are you even coming back?!"

"I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know?!"

You continued to argue with him as he walked towards the door, giving you short answers all the while and only stopping when he got to the door.

"Your serious?! Your gonna walk out on me and K/n because of some stupid rumor you heard from that bitch!?"

"Don't call her that!"

"Why? Cause she's your girlfriend? Let's turn that question around Levi, are you cheating on me?"

"What? No. I just-"

"You just what?"

"I just can't do this anymore." He said before walking out the door, nearly slamming it behind him.

You crashed to the ground, your knees taking the impact but the pain didn't register, your brain was focused on the larger pain. The emotional pain.

"Mommy?" a soft voice called.

You turned your head to see your little boy standing at the base of the steps, his plushie wrapped to him with both of his arms in a hug. His face was concerned as he stumbled off the last step and waddled towards you. When he reached you he held the plushie out, a smile on his face.

"Here! Plush Plush make you feel better!"

A half-laugh half-sob came from your throat and you pulled him into your arms, hugging him tightly.

"Why's mommy crying?" he asked.

"Mommy's okay baby, she's just a little sad."

"Is daddy okay?"

"Yeah daddy okay he's just... he just not gonna be around for a little bit."

"Oh... whens he coming back?"

You didn't answer and instead held him tighter, rubbing his back and brushing your fingers through the hair at his nape.

"Mommy's not going anywhere okay? You don't have to worry."

"Okay." he said cheerfully, dropping the subject and hugging you back, attempting to rock you back and forth but his little size made it hard.

Instead you swayed for him, his giggles making your heart hurt less.