Chapter 27- Party crashers

C H A P T E R  2 7

P A R T Y C R A S H E R S

"We blame society but we are society"

Song- sign of the times; Harry Styles

Marlee

Pie was served and drinks were being poured. All the adult were already on their third glass of wine and pretty tipsy. The rest of us sat in Theo's room, eating a large pie and playing uno, our thanksgiving tradition.

Ella was asleep in my room in her portable crib. Caleb won the game and erupted into cheerful screams. Theo and Cam groaned while Grayson and Connor shook their head.

We started another game when uncle James knocked on the door with a solemn look on his face. "Caleb, I need to talk to you for a minute."

Caleb nodded and followed him out of the room. We all continued the game quietly, waiting for them to return. Mom yelled for us so we all headed to the living room where James and Caleb stood. Caleb had tears in his eyes.

"What's going on?" Grayson asks, his voice filled with fear.

"There was an emergency back at home, we have to head out." James tells us, a pained look on his face. Caleb doesn't say anything and grabs his bags he hasn't had a chance to unpack.

"Tonight? Already?" Theo has hurt and disappointment written all over him.

"Im sorry kids, we'll be back soon." He sighs, giving everyone a hug and leaving with Caleb who didn't even say a word. He seemed to be fighting back tears the entire time.

After they left their was a weird tension in the room for the rest of the night. I was exhausted and headed to bed early while everyone else was still in the living room.

{~}

"Which way is it?" Asher asks, dressed in a suit. We walk down the streets of a bigger city near ours. All of us were dressed up in fancy party clothes. My hair was straightened over my shoulders.

I was wearing a tight black dress with thin straps and showed a lot of cleavage. Addie lent Brianna and I both a dress for tonight. We all had heavy makeup and the boys all were wearing suits with their hair gelled and combed.

We come to an apartment complex with a fancy awning. A security guard stood at the door, ushering people in. All the people who were walking in were in their 20's with 700 dollar bags and Rolex watches that shined.