38

9 YEARS AGO

"Hey Kuroo.." Bokuto greets Kuroo in a very unenthusiastic tone. Kuroo sighed while watching Bokuto with a worried expression in his face.

He sat beside Bokuto and took a deep breath, "So? What happened again?"

Bokuto chuckled, "You instantly assumed that something wrong is going on?"

Kuroo nods, "It's so obvious with your face. You're literally posing as if your world is ending.."

"And every time you want to meet up with just us, you're always telling me your problems or the opposite." Kuroo adds.

"It's just that...Akaashi's family business went bankrupted. He also started working miles away from school, to avoid getting caught.."

Kuroo listened, "And? Why are you worried?"

"I'm worried about Akaashi's wellness, I don't want him to exhaust his body so much. He goes to school, then train for volleyball, and go to work. That's so difficult, I'm so worried.." Bokuto sighed multiple of times.

"You stopped hanging out with him too?" Kuroo asked.

"It's for him, so that he won't feel too tired. I want him to rest instead," Bokuto says.

"Are you okay with that? Why don't you just suggest to him to quit volleyball for the mean time?" Kuroo asked.

Bokuto pouts, "I want to say that to him too, but he's really enjoying volleyball and I don't want to see him sad."

Kuroo pressed his lips together, listening to Bokuto worry everything about Akaashi. Kuroo glanced at Bokuto and he can clearly see that he himself is also having a hard time.

Kuroo cleared his throat, "How about you? You okay?"

"I'm fine." Bokuto said.

'Liar.' Kuroo instantly thought. But he did not push Bokuto to tell him the truth.

"So what will you do? About Akaashi?" Kuroo asked.

Bokuto smiled, "I'll just try my best to be at his side at all times and be there whenever he needs me. Because right now, all I can do is be there for him and support him."

"You're always there for him..how about him? Is he always there for you?" Kuroo asked Bokuto.

Bokuto's smile disappeared, "What do you mean? Akaashi's always there for me too."

Kuroo nods and smiled, "Yeah yeah. But let me say this to you.."

"In a relationship there should always be two people working to make it strong and unwavering. If the other one stops, the whole foundation falls. You can't just work alone to make it stable," Kuroo said to Bokuto.

Which is true. Everything Kuroo said to Bokuto was true, in a relationship it's always a give and take situation, you can't just receive all the time or give all the time. It's balanced.

Bokuto sighed and stepped inside Fukurodani's entrance and decided to wait for Akaashi on one of the school benches near the entrance.

"Bokuto-san!" Akaashi calls, then approached Bokuto.

Bokuto waved his hand at Akaashi, "Hey. So? How's work?"

Akaashi glanced at the time through his watch and sat beside Bokuto after knowing that there's still a plenty of time left before their class starts.