Finally Back

Dreams!!!:

I opened my eyes and saw that I was inside some sort of vault? In front of me was Varian and Rapunzel. "The flower!" She said as she approached a container that held a dried flower. I watched as Varian walked up to it and took the entire flower. "Woah! What do you think you're doing?!" I asked him as I held onto his wrist that held the flower. "You said you were going to take one petal." Rapunzel said. "But what if one petals not enough to harvest what I need?!" He said glaring at the princess. "Varian-" "What difference does it make?! It's just sitting here rotting anyway!" Varian yelled and I pulled him to look at me. "Varian you're being ridiculous! You don't need the whole flower. Just take aide or two and we can be on our way. Let's just go. Something is wrong with you. You're not yourself, Sapphires." I said softly placing my hand on his cheek. I saw his eyes flicker between the blue color I've come to love and an empty grey. I watched as his flaxen on me softened, and his eyes turned back to blue.

"That flacken...that had Xavier's mood potion in it." Rapunzel said and I watched as his eyes changed to grey before turning around and snatching the vial. "Varian, that potion is dangerous. You shouldn't be fooling with it!" Rapunzel said. I watched as Varian smirked at her. "After (Y/n) brought it to me and after she tried it herself, there was only one drop left. It was enough for me to replicate and modify. I had to be sure the flower was here." Varian said and my eyes widened. "Varian you made a truth serum?" I asked and I stared at him only to have him smirk at me. "You're the one who gave me the bright idea, milady."

"When I said 'hey maybe we can make a truth serum' I meant it as a joke or if we did actually do it it would be a one time thing for laughs!" I said running my hands through my hair. "So you made a truth serum and gave it to everyone?" Rapunzel asked. "You'd be surprised what people will tell you for a cookie." Varian said turning to Rapunzel and smirking.

She gasped. "Pete? Stan? How could you?!" She asked him. "Oh, do you honestly expect me to be concerned about the welfare of Corona?" Varian said and he was starting to get mad. "But you said-" "Rapunzel..." Varian cut her off and my vision started turning white. 'No! I need to know what happens! Where's Varian?! I need to find him!' I tried reaching out for him only to watch everything disappear.

I shot up from bed in a cold sweat. I ran my hands through my hair and looked all around me. I saw Sunny asleep on the bed. I pet his head and got up. I wrote a small note for him when I wake up.

"I had a dream, and it's made me worried about Varian. I'm going to take a walk to clear my head. I'll be back!
Love,
(Y/n)"

I placed the note next to him on the bed. I grabbed a cloak and left the room. I walked out of the castle and around the city. 'Maybe I can change things? What's going to happen to Varian? His eyes...they kept changing...and he's not wearing the pendant.' I pulled the charm out of my pocket. 'It's not damaged at all. Why isn't he wearing it though?' I walked on the edge of the kingdom. I walked in the very edge being careful to keep my balance. I looked out into the horizon and saw the sun begin to rise. The soft orange glow reflected off of the water. I stared for awhile. "Good morning Apollo." I said softly and smiled at the sun. I felt warmth surround my body and a breeze run through my hair.

There was rustling behind me and I turned to face it. "I know you're there. Come on out." I said crossing my arms. I watched as a couple barrels moved and something jumped on top of it. I got a closer look and I saw a chubby raccoon. "Ruddiger?!" He smiled at me before running off. "Ruddiger! Wait!" I yelled as I ran after him. I chased him for a little while before he led me to the edge of one of the docks before jumping down. "Ruddiger!!!" I yelled and threw my cloak off ready to jump in the water after him.

"I'm coming buddy!" I jumped down and closed my eyes only to be met with a loud "Oof!" I opened my eyes and saw I was on top of someone. I saw a familiar shirt and apron. My eyes widened. I looked up and saw goggled eyes and a blue streak. I sat up to make sure I was seeing who I thought I was. I placed my hands on their chest and looked them up and down. They groaned from under me and opened their eyes. "You really know how to drop in don't you milady?" "Sapphires!" I quickly hugged him knocking him back down into the boat causing him to groan.

"Oh! Sorry sorry sorry!" I said letting go of him and sitting back up. He smiled at me and I held his face in my hands. "Where have you been?! Are you okay?!" I asked checking to make sure he wasn't hurt since the last time I saw him. He chuckled and held both of my hands. "I'm completely fine milady." He said offering me a soft smile. I smiled softly only to shake my head and stare into his eyes.

"What the heck Varian?! You cuffed me to my bed after making me pass out?! And to top it all of you disappear and make me worry about you!! That's not cool!" I glared softly at him and he stared at me with a soft blush on his cheeks. "I know this isn't the time and you're mad at me, but you're adorable when you're mad." He said smiling and chuckling. "I-I am not!!" I said and I felt a blush crawl up my cheeks. "Yes you are! When you're mad your cheeks get all red." He said squishing my cheeks. "H-Hey!!! I'm trying to be mad at you!! No wait, I AM mad at you!" I said trying to get his hands off my cheeks.

Varian only laughed and hugged me. "You have no idea how much I missed you, milady." I sighed and hugged him back. "I missed you too." I pulled away from the hug. "But you have some explaining to do!" I said putting my hand on his chest so he wouldn't pull me into another hug. He chuckled and held both of my hands and pulled me into him. He kissed my cheek and nuzzled his nose into my cheek after. "I know it's only been a few days but I really missed you." He said pulling away and my eyes widened. "A FEW DAYS?!" I saw Varian's eyes widen as well and he rubbed the back of his head.

"Y-yeah it's been a few days. W-when did you wake up?" I gritted my teeth and stared at him. "Yesterday...I woke up yesterday." "Yesterday?! Shoot that means I used way too much." He said placing his hand under his chin and looking down at our laps. "Yeah maybe you did." I said rolling my eyes. "Now will you explain to me what's going on? I was and still am really worried about you. I keep having dreams where your eyes are changing from blue to grey, and I found this." I pulled out the charm from my pocket and held it up to him. "This was just in your lab. I-I know you're not into magic, b-but with everything that's been going on recently, it would really make me feel better if you wore it." I said looking down at my lap still holding the pendant out.

He pushed the pendant back to me. "Look we can talk about this later. I have something to do okay." He said and picked me up setting me on the seat across from him. I watched as I he started to leave the boat. I quickly grabbed his hand. "Varian wait." He didn't look at me and I sighed. "Varian I know you're hiding things from me. Please just tell me what's going on and we can figure out whatever is going on together. I don't like it when you shut me out like this. There's a possibility that soon something is going to happen to you. I want to be there with you to make sure it doesn't happen. I promised you that I would stay by your side no matter what..." I stared up at him, but he still didn't budge. "I don't intend on breaking that promise, Varian." I said soft enough just for him to hear.

There was nothing but silence between us and neither of us moved. I watched as what seemed like a shiver run through Varian. "Come on. We don't have much time." With that he pulled his hand away from mine and started walking off. "H-hey! Wait up!" I said getting out of the boat and running after him.

When I had almost caught up to him he turned around and smiled at me, but the smile wasn't Varian's. 'I don't know how to explain it, but it looked like there was a second smile behind his. I-it was more like a smirk if I'm being completely honest. What have you gotten yourself into, Sapphires? Maybe I can ask a friend to do some investigating on him later. My gut is telling me something is wrong with Sapphires. For once I hope my gut is wrong.' I quickly caught up to Varian and we started heading towards...the castle?