Chapter 2: I Only Need 72 Hours To Fall In Love With You (II)

TL : Snowy Codex

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Within a bright and spacious room, a man around thirty years of age stood with his back facing the window, remaining silent.

He was 192 centimeters (6'2) tall, and stood with his back ramrod straight, with a pair of ice-blue eyes that concealed the sharpness of a spear. His long brown hair hung to his waist, and he wore a perfectly cut suit that outlined his physique with great detail. Sunlight traveled through a to illuminate his body, as if it was trying to cover him in a layer of gold.

Gabriel looked at this man with reverence and admiration in his eyes as he urged the man, " Ravel, please evacuate as soon as possible. Otherwise, it will be too late."

Ravel raised his eyes to look back towards him. "Why did Cage suddenly come to Dragon Fang Planet?"

Gabriel's eyes were hesitant, mumbling a bit before he replied, "I am not too clear on the matter either. But, I always heard Cage complain about how Taima Planet's technology was too outdated and that the environment was nasty, and so he really wanted to return to Dragon Fang Planet."

"So he came back?" Ravel stared at Gabriel, not missing even a trace of the changes in his expression.

Gabriel felt a bit intimidated by his stare, and couldn't help but lower his head.

Ravel asked again, "What kind of person is he?"

Gabriel's expression became even more hesitant, seemingly thinking about whether or not he should reply honestly.

Seeing his appearance, Ravel expressed, "Although you are only General Utrecht's adopted son, your identity is not any different from Cage's, so there is no need to worry."

Gabriel clenched his teeth, and said, "Cage's nature is a bit unreasonable. He also usually just idles about. He likes to bully the weak, but is afraid of going against the strong, so his reputation isn't very good in Taima Planet."

Ravel looked down as he sank into his thoughts, no longer questioning Gabriel.

Gabriel watched him for a moment, before once more reminding him, "Sire Ravel, I hope that you will be able to finish your preparations to evacuate today. Cage...Cage likely won't be able to last even a day."

Ravel waved his hand and told him, "I know how things stand. You can leave first."

Gabriel still wanted to say something, but was unable to utter a single word when he was swept with those ice-cold eyes. He could only helplessly withdraw from the room.

At this moment, Ravel's Deputy General Kahn walked in and handed him some information. His expression was solemn as he asked, "General, what should we do next? Should we send some men to go to Cage and..."

Kahn did a "kill" action.

"The military is relaxed on the outside but strict inside. There aren't any chances to do so," Ravel stated while browsing through the information.

"Then what should we do?" The reason why Cruise's regime was able to rule for so many years was because they controlled the planet's most advanced intellectual database, as well as an enormous machine corps. The rebellion took more than ten years to infiltrate into the internal layer of technology. Now, they only needed two more days before they would be able to obtain control of the intellectual database and machine corps. Although it was just two hours, that was enough to change the situation.

Success was just in sight, yet it was thrown into disarray by Cage. He just had to be Utrecht's son. If the General, down in his grave, knew that the plan was destroyed by his son's hands, he would likely acutely grieve and lament it.