Chapter 8: I Only Need 72 Hours To Fall In Love With You (VIII)

TL : Snowy Codex

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the arguing online became increasingly intense, the number of requests for Cage to personally appear also increased.

Ravel blocked this information so as not to trouble Cage.

"We are going to conduct a heroes memorial service at the cemetery tomorrow, where I will personally clear your name."

Tomorrow? Wasn't tomorrow the day that Ravel was going to be sniped?

Brother, if you want to live, then take me along! Shang Ke placed his hand on Ravel's arm, eyes full of expectation as he looked at him.

"You want to go?" Ravel stared at his shining eyes.

Shang Ke very seriously nodded his head.

"You can't. There will be a lot of people at the memorial service, and I'm afraid something unexpected will happen." The moment Ravel finished speaking, he saw Cage's eyes becoming even brighter, a light roaming within them like rippling green jade.

The one that will have an unexpected situation is you! Brother, if you don't bring me along, you'll regret it!

Shang Ke continued to stare at Ravel with starry eyes.

Ravel faced him for two minutes before relenting. "Alright, I'll have Kahn strengthen the defenses."

Shang Ke immediately beamed with joy, and his platinum golden hair slightly stuck up as if every strand also carried his delight, full of sunshine.

Ravel couldn't endure it and rubbed his head. The feeling was really good, so comfortably warm, so he rubbed a few more times...

The reason why Ravel agreed to allow Shang Ke to participate was one, to respond to the public's questions,. Two, because the memorial service at the cemetery would be solemn and respectful. Although there would be a lot of people, things would be in perfect order. And the third reason was because among the departed, the most important one was Cage's father, General Utrecht.

Ravel walked out of the room, but returned after four to five minutes, picking Shang Ke up.

Eh? Where are we going?

"I asked Doctor Banny, and he said you can take a bath." Ravel carried Shang Ke to the bathroom off to the side and explained, "It's alright as long as you take one carefully and don't open any wounds."

The bandages on Shang Ke's body had already been taken off. After the treatment, his bones had healed pretty well, but because of his atrophied muscles, his hands and feet were still unable to work.

Ravel gently placed him down on a warm jade recliner, before helping him to take off his clothes.

During this timeframe, Ravel had frequently taken care of him personally. Shang Ke had already been naked in front of him so many time, so he was able to keep calm. Although this was the first time that Ravel was helping him bathe, what part of him had he not already seen?

Ravel looked at his emaciated body and the numerous injuries covering his deathly pale skin. He looked so weak that it seemed like a light touch could smash him into pieces. Only the Flaming Red Sky Flower on his chest was still gorgeous, like blood.

This boy greeted people everyday with a smile, in great spirits. But who would have thought that there was this kind of broken body under his clothes?