Ch 228: What Kind of Magic is This?!

Girl... Sister...

Irene's eyes are constantly wandering between Lin Ye and Sussurro, but she can't see the similarity between the both of them.

She can only smile stiffly "I-It that so, I blame myself for my misunderstanding."

Irene feels that the situation seems to be out of her control now. She hadn't experienced this situation before. The person in front of her didn't seem to be affected by her aroma.

It also didn't help that it was his scent that was overwhelming her instead. Standing by Lin Ye's side and sniffing the smell, Irene felt that her thoughts were spiralling out of control.

She had to stay two steps back and stand in a slightly ventilated place to make her rigid smile become more natural again. But in this way, her body fragrance also becomes harder for him to smell.

Irene then started thinking, and then giggles

"You're right, I'm also a stranger from outside Kjerag. But on closer look, you don't seem to be from here as well. May I ask, where did you come from?" Lin Ye asks curiously

"Oh, I'm from Victoria." Irene's answer was from a newspaper that she saw before.

"So, you're a foreigner too. Why live in Kjerag?" Lin Ye asks, "Aren't Kjerag people very exclusive?"

Irene kept smiling, but she was thinking about something. Shouldn't our roles be reversed? Why am I the one being questioned? It seems that this man in front of me will be really hard to deal with.

"Hey, asking a woman a lot of questions is rude," she tells him.

"O-Oh, sorry for troubling you then."

"How about as an apology, you answer my question then?" she asks.

After thinking for a while, Lin Ye nods. "Sure. Seems fair enough."

"Great, it's time for me to ask you. Where are you from?"

"Chernobog." Lin Ye did not hide it.

Hmm...never heard of it.

Irene continues "Are you here for business or tourism?"

"Neither," he answers instantly.

"Then?"

Lin Ye thought for a while, and found it troublesome to answer that question, so he changes his answer: "No, I'm here to do business."

Has this man started to be alert? Damn it! It must be because I asked too many questions. I'm still an amateur.

Irene sighed slightly in her heart. But after all, she still has received professional training. Since the other party admits that he is in business, she can continue to follow this topic:

"What business do you do? Do you have special products from other places? I have been here for a long time. I haven't left Kjerag for a while, I miss my hometown and my parents. If you have a specialty from where my family is, I hope you can sell it to me. I'm willing to pay a high price."

When she said this, Irene's expression turned from a smile to an appearance of a homesick girl who people would pity. She believes that normal men can never refuse a sad girl like her.

Seeing her appearance, the desire for protection in his heart will surely flow out like spring water. She believes that he can't wait to give her all his things so that she can smile again. As for the specialty of her hometown, the man in front of her doesn't even know where her hometown is, how could there be a specialty of her hometown, and she is also aware that the other party is not a businessman, so it is impossible to sell the thing for her.

Got you!

"Oh!" Lin Ye claps his hands suddenly, and seems very happy, "I really do have something for you!"

"???"

Lin Ye goes and pulls out something from his own backpack.

Originally, he wanted to give the "special product" in the backpack to the president of Karlan Trade as a gift. But since the 'mood' of the visit was now different, from visiting an ill person to being tricked by a conspiracy, he thought that giving the gifts now would achieve the opposite effect and make the president sour.

So, for the sake of his safety and the image of Rhodes Island, he should just give it to this lonely girl. After getting to know Jessica, Lin Ye thought that all cats were rich, and looking at her accessories, this cat girl in front of him definitely is not poor, so Lin Ye decided to sell his products.

"Here, you met me today, so you are in luck." Lin Ye coughs, "Actually, I am a merchant that sells specialties! I specialize in selling precious souvenirs."

Irene froze and her expression became stiff.

What is a souvenir seller?! Is the organization called Rhodes Island that works with selling souvenirs?! No! Why does she need to obtain this type of company in the first place?! Is it possible that Master Galvin wants to start a side business of selling souvenirs?! No, the information Master Galvin asked me to get is obviously not to start a side business. This man is tricking me! He is deceiving me! He's testing me! What a horrible man! Even when seeing a beautiful woman like me, he is still wary of me!

Irene wants to understand what is happening, so she calms down, and then pretends to look expectantly.

Lin Ye digs into the backpack. He seems to have found what he wanted. Then he shows what it was to her

She sees him showing a pair of paw-shaped gloves to her, and shakes them in front of her: "Well, how about this?"

"Cat-I mean, massage gloves." Lin Ye coughs twice, then puts them on, "This is super comfortable when used on yourself, especially for Felines."

Irene looks at them, her mouth twitches slightly.

How is it possible that thing will make you feel comfortable! Better yet, why do you have such a thing in your backpack?!

Lin Ye thought that Irene didn't believe in him,

"I'll be serious with you, it's really super comfortable. I can give you a first-hand experience."

Ah here it comes, the sweet smell of him is coming back. Irene subconsciously wanted to step back. But she stopped when she thought that Lin Ye was doing this because he wanted to take advantage of her.

Thinking of this, she sneered in her heart. After all, you are still a man. You look decent on the surface... But how long can you hold it back? This is it, the opportunity to control him.

Irene notices that Sussurro, who is next to Lin Ye, is now focusing on the local products in the store.

So, she pretended to be shy, but at the same time, she pulls her collar open

Irene laughs in her heart.

Then Lin Ye walks in front of her and walks around her, under the gaze of her "shy" gaze.

He hadn't reacted yet.

Suddenly she felt her tail being caught.

"Look, it's like this." Lin Ye strokes Irene's tail with his hand wearing cat gloves. Irene's eyes widened.

D-Damn i-it! W-What kind of m-magic is this!

Then seeing that she is enjoying it, Lin Ye starts to rubs it more

Irene's gaze wavered, and her face exploded into a scarlet blush.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by BrainNotWerk

Edit by Jaq