Chapter 39

Help

She gazes at me in worry and hurried her way in our direction. I didn't let her walk much and rushed to her embrace with Xiao Ruo running behind me.

"What happened JuJu? Why are you crying?" She was anxiously looking over my body as if searching for a wound.

"Someone bullied me, Grandma Ye" I said in an aggrieved tone, and she soon went to Juan's side. Her steps although slow kept on going with the help of me and Xiao Ruo.

"Where is the person that bullied little Ju?! How could they have the face to bully a child! Truly despicable!"

"Grandma Ye" Juan finally saw Grandma Ye and went over to her side. "You don't have to worry Grandma Ye, I have already taught them a lesson"

"Hmph! You better be, those women have nothing to do in their lives so they constantly have to worry about someone else's" she huffed in anger and caressed my hair gently. "It's great that you have left this place or else you'll be drowned by those baseless rumors of theirs"

"Thank you, Grandma Ye" Juan smiled as Grandma Ye knocked on her head fondly.

"Let's go inside first lest these two kids get cold"

We then turn to Grandma Ye's home, it was the same as it was before. We sat on the couch and gave Grandma Ye the baked goods and fruits as well as the bags filled with medicine on the table.

"Oh you don't have to"

"This is our gift to you, Grandma!" I chirped making her smile.

"JuJu's right Grandma Ye, this is just a small matter compared to what you've given me," I notice Juan's eyes getting teary as well as Grandma Ye. I wonder what happened that made them like this.

"Well, enough of that, who's child is this?"

Oops, we forgot Xiao Ruo, I look to my left and see Xiao Ruo's quiet figure just seating beside me obediently.

"This is my gege! Ruo Ruo gege!" I exclaimed making Xiao Ruo's straighten his back and look at me with a twinkle in his eyes.

"This is JuJu's best friend" Juan informed, caressing Xiao Ruo's head making him beam a smile.

"What a handsome boy" Grandma Ye praised making him blush from her compliment.

"Can we go out mommy? We won't stay for too long!" I can sense that Juan wanted to say something to Grandma Ye and besides, I also have something to do.

"Okay, don't stay for too long okay?" The both of us nodded and eventually left the house together with the bodyguards that Xiao Ruo's family appointed to us in our visit here.

...

"How are the two of you?"

After the kids left, Grandma Ye knew that Juan, this child wouldn't come to her without any reason. Since her child has left for work for the city, Juan was the only person that has been with her these years. She had also sent some money for her although she wanted to refuse, she knew she cannot reject her sincerity.

"We're good Grandma Ye, my boss is kind to the two of us and they have provided everything. Juju's school has already been accomplished and we already have our own home and stable work, I really am grateful to the Wu family"

"That's a relief, you lead a rough life and now the heavens are finally looking at you" she held Juan's hands, comforting her for the life she only heard from her and the continuation of her hard life together with her daughter.

Juan smiled, the pain and exhaustion in her eyes left the moment she knew her child can be provided just by her solely and the help of the Wu family.

"Juan, is something wrong?" She asked, she knew that this child, Juan, has always been silent when it comes to her difficulties.

"I just... remembered the past. Juju is in school and she's growing... she might ask about her father and I don't know how to answer her"

She knew the moment her child begins school, she will see other families and compare them to hers. She might get bullied because of her social status and her lack of a father. Just imaging JuJu whose bright and cheerful becoming sad and insecure for something that she cannot control bleeds her heart.

She can stomach their curses and those baseless rumors of her but not her child.

***
Chapter 39 is up!

Have a great day and stay safe!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!