Chapter 30

(A/N: Hi, so today has been a good day, so enjoy 2 chapters. Also thank you all so much for 1000 votes! That's crazy. Anyways, enjoy. XxD)

******************************************************************

The second they landed, Jace collapsed, taking his sister down with him.

"You're alright JJ. Stay with me," Serena said softly to him as pulled out her stele and Clary surveyed the warehouse they were now in before rushing to Jace's side, back in their normal clothes.

"No going back now," he said as Serena ran it over his iratze, her brother groaning in pain.

"That's not healing him!" Clary yelled at the blonde who was trying to stay calm, and Clary's comments and yelling definitely wasn't helping the stress and frustration she was barely keeping at bay.

"I can't heal him right now. I need fresh blood to cycle the poisoned stuff out of his system. The iratze will hold off the poison for a while until I can get him help."

They pulled Jace to his feet as they pulled out their weapons and began to search the place.

"What is all this?" Clary asked as she found a table full of syringes and coloured liquids.

Serena looked over the table, unable to discern any of the coloured liquids inside the beakers as Jace merely said, "The makings of an army."

"There's no one here," Serena announced, positive their presences would've been notices by now if there was.

"Did Meliorn lie to us?" Clary wondered.

"He's incapable of that. And he wouldn't. Not when it comes to a life debt. It's a Seelie custom," Serena informed.

"He said that portal would take us to my father," Clary continued and a loud bang behind them startled the young Shadowhunters into position.

"Get behind me," Serena ordered before her little brother could, in no position to properly defend himself or anyone in his state.

She proceeded towards the barred black locker as it rattled, her steps soundless and her movements edged with a feline-like grace.

Turning back to confer with them, Clary and Jace nodded as Serena threw the metal bar from the locker and the doors swung open to reveal a man cowering from the light.

A man Serena never thought she would see again as she dropped her blade in shock.

"It can't be," she murmured as her brother moved to her side and gasped, gripping his sister's hand as they stared at the same blue eyes they both had.

"You died," Jace said.

"We saw it," Serena whispered, voice on the verge of breaking as she tried to hold back her tears, Jace's eyes mirroring hers.

"Jace? Serena?" Clary questioned and the man looked up in intrigue as his hands slowly stopped shaking, the light illuminating the ripped, bloodstained coveralls he wore.

"Jace...Serena...is it really you?" he asked, his voice a nostalgic melody and horrid nightmare all at the same time.

"How do you know this man?" Clary asked as Jace's hand gripped tighter to Serena's, and she bit her lip to keep it from trembling as Jace said the words.

"He's our father."