Stephen Strange x Reader - Dr. Dad p2

2/2

Y/N's P.O.V.

It took a lot of time and effort to convince Christine to let me go to Kathmandu. I had done my research, I knew where I was going, however I didn't know what exactly I was gaining to find and I wasn't even sure my dad was even there.
I was terrified, but I wanted to see my dad again. I needed to. I had to know he hadn't just abandoned me.
The first few weeks of him being gone, I got daily emails, telling me that he missed me and he was sorry. Then I'd only get an email every few days, then one a week. I felt like I was losing him and I couldn't stand the thought.

"Kamar Taj..." I mumbled to myself as I pushed myself down the streets of Kathmandu, determined to find my dad.
"Kamar Taj?" I asked a man, hoping for directions, but as soon as he looked at me, an unsettling feeling washed over me.

"I can show you." He nodded, giving me a smile, before walking in the direction I was already headed. I hesitantly followed, before we broke away from the main Street and moved down a series of alleyways. I put some distance between myself and the man, not trusting him at all, but continuing to follow him because he was the only lead I had.
He stopped at a dead end and there was a sound from behind me causing me to turn and see two more men. Slowly, I put my hand in my jacket pocket, wrapping my fingers around the pocket knife I had bought for if I got myself in a situation just like the one I was in.

"This isn't Kamar Taj." I spoke quietly, fear building up in my chest.

"No." The man shook his head as he and his friends closed in on me.
"I can show you a good time." He reached out and I silently thanked my dad for putting me through all those self defence classes when I was younger.
I cut his arm with the knife and he cried out, taking a step back. I spun around to face his friends, but they were a little distracted by a yellow hooded figure. Stepping back away from the scene, I watched as the yellow hooded figure knocked out the two men, the one that brought me into the alley running away.

"Who are you?" I asked, looking at them cautiously. I adjusted my hold on the knife, despite my hands shaking. They reached up and pushed their hood back, revealing a bald woman with a kind smile on her face.

"I've been expecting you for some time, Miss Strange." She spoke and I looked at her in confusion. She stepped towards me and I stepped back, causing her to stop and raise her hands.
"My name is the Ancient One and I know your father. I can take you to him in Kamar Taj."  She held out her hand and unlike the man, when she smiled, I felt calm. Like I could trust her.
"It's alright, I'm not going to hurt you. Your father doesn't know you're here yet, but I believe you're just the person he needs to see." I hesitated, before taking her hand, letting her lead me through the streets. I didn't trust her, I wasn't stupid, I held onto my knife tightly and she didn't complain. We stopped outside of a run down looking place and she gave me a small smile.
"Do you trust me?"

"No." I replied honestly, making her laugh lightly.

"You're smart, just like your father. That's good." She nodded, before going inside. She looked back at me with a kind smile.
"You're safe here, Miss Strange. Come in." I stepped forward, looking around cautiously.

"Where's my dad?" I asked, looking around and a man walked into the room.

"Who's this?" He asked, looking at me suspiciously.

"Master Mordo, this is Miss Y/N Strange, she's going to be staying here with us. Would you mind taking her to see her father?" The 'Ancient One' spoke and the man looked shocked.

"Stephen?" She nodded, before he bowed his head slightly.
"Follow me, your father just finished his training for the day." I had way too many questions, but I didn't trust these people to give me honest answers.
I mean, that woman really expected me to believe her name was the Ancient One?
I stayed silent, following the man named Mordo up some stairs, before he stopped in front of a door. He looked at me with a small smile, before nodding and walking away, leaving me by the door. I hesitated, before knocking and not waiting for an answer as I pushed the door open slightly.

"Dad?" I asked in disbelief. He looked different, but it was definitely him. His scruffy beard had been shaven and he looked healthier than when I saw him last.

"Y/N?" He dropped the book, standing up and I pushed myself forward, wrapping my arms around him tightly. He hugged me back, neither of us wanting to let go.
"What are you doing here? Is everything okay? Are you? Christine?"

"I had to see you. Everything is fine, Christine is home, but I had to know you were okay." He stepped back from the hug, kissing my head.
"I missed you so much, dad. I thought you were gone."

"I missed you more." He whispered.
"How did you get here?"

"I found Pangborn. I did hours of research." I laughed, tears burning my eyes.
"Your hands..." I took his hands in mine and he sighed.

"I have a lot to tell you." He sat me down on the bed and he told me everything. He told me what Kamar Taj really was and what he had learned and when I didn't believe him, he showed me. I told him about everything that had happened back home and before I knew it, we had been talking for hours.
"You're here now, Y/N. You can learn to be a part of this too."

"Really?" I asked tiredly, smiling at him.

"Yeah, I'll speak to the Ancient One, but you need to get some rest." I nodded my head, too tired to argue. Getting under the covers, my dad stayed with me.
"I love you, Y/N. I'm so glad you're here."

"I love you too, Dr. Dad." I mumbled, already half asleep.