F O R T Y O N E

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺.

‼️Same skies (A mafia romance), is out now‼️

♥️

"You trust me, right?" Xander asked me and looked straight into my eyes while holding my hands firmly.

Tears slipped down my eyes but I nodded, nonetheless.

"I do" I mumbled, making sure I didn't stutter.

I have to be powerful, just like safe, I can't go on stuttering out of fear.

"Good, I'm glad you do. I've checked Alex and it's not serious, it really isn't. We just need to get some blood bags for him and we're good to go. It's all in control, take a deep breath" Xander said, pulling me into a bear hug.

"Don't worry, we're all rooting for him, he has all of us here for him" I pulled back and gave Xander a small smile.

"It'll be okay, I-it'll be okay" I consoled the both of us and tried to keep track of my voice just then the doors of the private ward opened and Maya came running inside with Mary on her toe.

Maya immediately shook Xander roughly, with a frightened expression on her face, "Xan, what happened to hi-?"

"Sir?" All of us turned to see the doctor come out of the emergency unit and rushed towards him.

"Dr Smith, I hope everything's in control?" Xander asked, his personality suddenly switched into a calm and composed one.

"Yes sir, everything is in control except we need to call up the blood bank, we have one packet of blood matching Mr Alex's but we need one more and it might take slightly longer" Xander sighed, and looked around for the staff of "Jake, I believe I have the blood groups of my close family registered in MY OWN HOSPITAL and I've made it clear that I don't care what the situation is, those blood types should always be available!"

The staff, Jake looked down nervously, "Sir, we do have more blood but it has expired, I apologise, sir, I have already placed an urgent order for type A- blood type. it'll be here within six hours"

"I can donate, my blood type is A-" Mary exclaimed, making everyone surprised.

Mary looked at Xander and smiled, "you can trust me on this one, I am pretty health and helping that kid out will only bring me peace."

Maya stepped forward and engulfed Mary into a hug, "thank you, thank you so much for saving my brother"

Mary smiled, " Sierra is, even though not by blood, my daughter which makes Alex my son. Why would a mother question helping her son?"

Maya wiped her tears and nodded while she continued to smile, "I'll get the arrangements set up, please get changed" Xander told Mary and left to do the needed.

"Sierra?" I turned and look up at Maya, "yes?"

"Darling, I'll call in the board of directors and call off the party tonight, alright?" I closed my eyes for a moment and let these things that had happened so far sink in.

"No," I said and looked straight into Mary's eyes, "I mean, I'll call them" I rectified and saw Mary frown.

I knew she didn't understand, no one understood.

No one understood that safe wanted me to be strong, he wanted me to rule and right now, I need to resume my position.

I can't continue hiding, it's my turn to serve.