Arc 3.28 Xiao Yao

Arc 3.28 Xiao Yao

It was time.

Their journey is about to end.

After the arduous journey, crossing the river of the man-eating fishes, journeying the hot desert, running from man-eating ants, continuing the journey, running away from poisonous snakes, reaching the doors of the Lost City, basking in its full glory when the gates opened, running for their lives from the corpse bugs and zombie soldiers, losing some of their allies, almost losing their lives, the journey is finally about to come to a close.

"I can finally die in peace."

The old bandit looked at the final form of the lost City with tear-stained eyes. His old bones shivered, not from exhaustion but from the fulfillment he was filling.

"We were not wrong. The Lost City does exist." 

Old Bai put a hand on his old friend's shoulder, his smile so wide.

"Ow. So, you are not tomb bandits?"

Xiao Yao looked at the two aged men beside him, he had respect for these two. Despite their age, and the danger they faced so far, they still lived till this stage.

'These two are not normal people.'

"Who said were bandits?!"

Old Bai raised his hand wanting to smack Xiao Yao in the back but he was quick and dodged on time.

"Get back here you lousy kid!" Old Bai yelled acting as if he was angry but his heart was light as a feather.

"Bleh. Who wants to go back? I'm not stupid, old man. Where do you see a person stay still when they are about to be beaten? If you had the skill, catch me!"

"You!"

"Enough of your childishness." The Old Bandit said helplessly.

"Shameless old bastard acting like a child." Xiao Yao made a face.

"This kid!"

Old Bai almost blew over his top if not because of Old Bandit stopping him. He huffed and quietly stood still beside the Old Bandit.

The Old Bandit then looked at Xiao Yao who also looked at him, he stopped making faces to irritate Old Bai and listened to what the Old Bandit was about to say.

"Actually kid, we are not tomb Bandits." The old Bandit started.

"But we are now after those no good son of a bitches said were crazy!" Old Bai whispered loudly.

"We were experts in this field, we were quite well known back in the days when we were young. Just thinking about those days, sigh, how quickly time passes by."

The Old Bandit had a pair of twinkling reminiscing eyes, but the depth of his sadness thinking of the past was also too deep and turbulent.

It looks like, what they had gone through during those times was quite hard and terrible.

"We're already both this old, let's not reminisce about the past too much. Just thinking about it makes me feel that I'm a sack of old bones waiting to just die in the corner." Old Bai said.

"Don't say that, Old Bai. We're still...we still have a few more years to live." The Old Bandit laughed.

"You old bag of bones, isn't this all your fault? What did I tell you before? Spending our life looking for the Lost City is such a waste of our life and time!"

"But still we found it in the end. Now, no one will tell us that we were just a bunch of crazy old fools imagining a place that never existed." Old Bandit wryly smiled.