Fifteen

Fifteen (Edited)

        "So tell us exactly what you saw," Colton says with a calculating gaze.

        My mom, my mates, Smith, Jeremy, Lance and I are all settled down in the pack house living room trying to figure out what Smith had seen. Well, more like trying to figure out why he saw it.

        "For the last time Colton, I. Can't. Tell. You." Both of my mates have been pestering my poor best friend into trying to tell them what his vision was. They can't wrap their heads around the fact that he's not allowed to tell us. Smith's main job is to guide me on the right path which, apparently, I'm no longer on.

        "Guys, fighting isn't going to help anything. Something happened to change the future and it's not good judging from Smith's reaction. We're all running on fumes, Caden and Colton spent most of the day answering the pack's questions, and I haven't eaten since yesterday morning; we need sleep. This issue will still be here when we wake up." I pointedly look at the grandfather clock that reads one forty-three AM to try and emphasize my little speech. I'm drop dead tired and if Caden thinks he gets cranky in the morning then he has another thing coming when we have to wake up and I've only gotten five hours of sleep (how some people function on five hours I'll never know).

        "Cassia's right. Smith and I will show ourselves to guest rooms and we'll continue this conversation in the morning. No if's, and's, or but's," my mom orders everyone in the room and the irony isn't lost on me.

        Caden nods and pushes me off of his lap where I had been peacefully resting with my feet in my other mates lap (they said touching me helped calm their wolves in stressful situations). With the pace of a slug we all manage to drag our drained bodies into our respective sleeping areas. It's a time like this that I'm grateful Colton has a king size bed so we all three can sleep comfortably. Of course, that doesn't mean they don't totally squish me throughout the night trying to keep me close; an endearing but annoying thing I have to live with.

        "If anyone disturbs us before noon there will be hell to pay," Caden grumbles as he pulls off the clothing Colton and I had forced him into this (yesterday?) morning. Although Caden has told us on numerous occasions that he prefers to sleep in the nude, Colton and I have managed to talk him into wearing at least boxers. Both Colton and I, on the other hand, like wearing our shirts and underwear. If anything were to happen in the night all we have to do is pull on pants- maybe Colton and I will trick Caden one day to teach him the importance of clothes.

        "Get your sexy ass over here," Colton says with his arms reaching towards me. I giggle as I throw on one of their shirts (I'd be lying if I said I knew whose it was) and slip myself into Colton's arms. They wrap around me like sturdy, comfortable tree trunks and I melt into him. I am so lucky to have these boys in my life.

        I feel a stinging slap to my behind and I whine at the culprit. "Sharing is caring, brother," Caden laughs and I'm lowered in between my hunky men.

        "It wasn't my fault Colton was hanging onto me, so why did I get slapped?" I jokingly pout. The boys had a weird obsession with my butt and any excuse to touch it was good enough for them; I most definitely didn't mind it, especially when I got to touch not one, but two sets of abs.

        "Because it was there and sticking out and tantalizing me. A man only has so much control when it comes to his mate," Caden mockingly says while putting a dramatic hand over his eyes. We all laugh because, well, that's exactly what inexperienced little boys would say if they find their mate. Luckily for me, I have men who know how to treat their mate right and will never pressure me into anything. Since we haven't really talked about when we would be doing... it, I figure that we're waiting until my heat comes which is definitely fine by me. If the goddess values me as a person then it won't come until after all of this drama is over.