fifty-three

TW/ Hints or Descriptions pertaining to Child Abuse

"You're stealing someone's child.  You do understand that right?"  Ryan asked me for the millionth time through the phone.  I'm sitting in the back parking lot of the daycare. The daycare is across the street from a supermarket so a lot of people tend to park in this area even though they're not supposed to simply because there may not be any space in the original designated area.

I'm wearing a black jacket with black sunglasses with the lenses tinted darker.  the back parking lot also gave is a very nice view of the park that the kids playing.  it's really just one large jungle gym. There's a swing set, there is a slide or two they use this as a way to get exercise for the days since most of the time they do spend it indoors.

Whenever Giovanni came out here he would always ask me to come along with him but I always made up some excuse.

I've never had a younger brother. That's probably why I feel obligated to take Giovanni out to see some kid movie. There's something about Giovanni's innocence and personality that has drawn me to him and I can't really understand why. But I guess that he reminds me of myself.

Not only that but I would like to talk to him in private without worrying about Karma or some other volunteer getting in my business or hearing whatever it is that Giovanni has to say because I don't know why, but I'm pretty sure no one has taken into account the bruises that were on Giovanni's arms. And I would like to know why they're there.

There are so many kids in the daycare. A 2-hour movie will not make a difference of them knowing whether he's there or not.

Is it creepy?  Yes. I'll be the one to say what everyone else is thinking. Yes I know it's creepy. But I know why I'm doing it.

I chose to come today because I know that Karma isn't here yet. She told me that she would be coming late so she suggested that I shouldn't show up.

I don't listen.

She's the only volunteer that actually cares about Giovanni's whereabouts. Especially since he's already made it known how he supposedly feels about her she makes sure to check on him more than any other child. Her being late is only a plus because she won't know that he was here by the time she comes after she's done playing teacher's pet for a day.

Speaking of her playing teacher's pet,  I'm still watching Mr.Pedo.

I've noticed that when the kids are outside, the volunteers take this as a time to not do their job. So they typically go on their phones to the point that they stare down at them for too long without ever looking back up to check on what's going on. So there aren't any adults outside.

I watch as Giovanni continues to be his overly cocky and confident self when he takes both of his hands and spreads his fingers placing his thumbs against his temples and wiggling his hands back and forth almost as if he's mocking the other kid that he's with as he seemingly has won a game of Hide and Seek.