Chapter 26: Princess Ava?!

~Third Person PoV~

Marco is happy to lead the group inside and seat them at a nice, long table, decorated with a silky, red tablecloth. The group of six sit down; Devon and Andrew are side-by-side, same for Ava and Noi, and (Y/n) sits across from Pierce and on the other side of Noi.

"So... Noi was it?" Devon starts, looking at the ginger-haired boy.

Noi gasps, going wide-eyed. "How did you know?!"

Andrew speaks up, a soft laugh lingering in his voice. "Ava mentioned your name in the apartment."

"O-Oh yeah, I did..." Ava mutters, clearly anxious.

"Trust me," Devon speaks up. "I listen to things closely."

Andrew rolls his eyes. "We both listen closely. The only difference is Devon here will bring it up three weeks later when you don't wash the dishes..."

Devon turns to his husband. "How hard is it to put them in the dishwasher?!" (Y/n) lets out a small giggle at that and the blonde male clears his throat. "Sorry, back to the conversation." He looks up to their other child's partner. "I'm not sure (Y/n) mentioned your name."

Pierce gives a small nod. "Pierce." He states.

"Well, it's nice to meet you as well, Pierce." Andrew hums.

Devon cuts in before anything else could be said, looking between both Noi and Pierce. "Now, I did want to ask, how did you meet our sweet babies?"

Ava, of course, panics, having not been prepared for the question. Oh, shoot, I should've gone over this with Noi instead of fawning over holding his hand...!

"Oh, hehe!" Noi giggles. "Well you see, I met Sorceress Ava in the back of her home where no one could see us-" (Y/n) tenses up and Ava is quick to cover his mouth.

"Haha, whoops, you've got some pizza on you..." Ava excuses herself, letting out a nervous laugh along with it.

Andrew raises a brow. "But we haven't even gotten the pizza..."

(Y/n) was just about ready to crawl beneath the table and disappear. Wow, I'm best friends with a genius...They thought, the tone in their head heavy with sarcasm.

Ava fake-giggles, still anxious beyond belief. "O-Oh god, I'm so hungry, I didn't even realize!" She quickly creates a backstory for how she met Noi in her mind and prays to god that it's convincing. "So, um, well, we met at the arcade... dance..."

Oh my god, we're screwed! (Y/n) thinks, gripping into Pierce's arm for dear life. He, in return, pats their head, sending waves of comfort to fall through them.

Andrew looks at his daughter, skeptically. "The... arcade dance?"

"Uh... yeah! It was masked ball and I was... wandering around the room and suddenly our eyes met and we didn't know who each other was but we knew that we loved each other and then we exchanged Instagrams because Noi d-didn't have a phone and... yeah." Ava rambles, gripping the hem of her hoodie beneath the table.

Devon gasps and his eyes sparkle. "That sounds just like Romeo and Juliet!"

Her other father furrows his brow. "Suspiciously similar to Romeo and Juliet... but, that does explain why you made an Instagram account out of nowhere."

"It does?" Ava asks before the realization hits. "O-Oh yeah, wait, it does!"

"Interesting. I thought you could only use Instagram on the phone..." Devon notes, but he brushes it off. "What about you, Pierce, how did you meet (Y/n)?"