SEVEN

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

Nella knocks at my bedroom door early the next morning, I was sat facing the tiny square window that looked out onto the back garden

Nella knocks at my bedroom door early the next morning, I was sat facing the tiny square window that looked out onto the back garden. A brush that I had found in the draw, I was attempting to rip through my extremely knotted hair. But it wasn't doing me any good, ripping out strands of hair continuously.

"Need some help?" Nella asks as she approaches me, waiting for consent to touch my hair.

So I just nod, this matted mess needed sorting out. Nella takes a step closer and grips onto my hair, attempting to pull the matted sections apart. "Oh God," she mumbles as she drops my hair. "This is going to need a pair of scissors."

I don't protest when she leaves the room and comes back moments later with a shiny pair of scissors in her hands. "Do you mind?" She questions.

My shoulders shrug. "I already look like a demon," I say lowly. "Do your worst."

Nella grips onto the matted pieces and gently cuts along the strands of hair, watching as they drop out into her hands. My eyes fixate on the mirror, watching birds fly over the sky and settle on the large trees at the back of the garden.

She grabs onto the brush and gently pulls it through my hair, noticing how she had cut it to just above my shoulders. Knot free as she manages to brush my hair without a single tangle.

"Well, it's the best you're going to get." She huffs out before pulling back and leaning her hands onto her hips.

I turn to her and smile briefly. My hair felt a thousand times lighter than before, fresh and clean. The edges might not be perfect but I didn't care, who was I wanting to impress?

"Do you want some breakfast?" Nella asks politely.

"Yeah," I nod towards her.

"Great, I've made a light spread for us." She tells me with a bright smile.

I nod and grab onto the cardigan laying against the bed. Nella's eyes watch as I pull on the cosy material, noticing how the house was cold. This room didn't even have a radiator.

"My mum knitted that jumper," she tells me, her eyes wandering over the cardigan.

"Cool," I purse my lips, Nella takes a step backwards and guides me through the house.

"How was your nights sleep?"

"Okay," I tell her. "Better than the chair."

Nella smiles back to me as she takes us down the grand stairs, pushing her way through a set of white double doors. My eyes are almost blinded by the brightness of the kitchen, flooring and the wide set windows.

"This is the kitchen," Nella holds out her hands to the large space. Two kitchen islands either side of the room, five fridges, two huge ovens and lots of cupboard space. "There are a lot of us, which is why it's so big."