Birthdays

*here are more words for you to ingest*

    It had been a few months since that first Friday and Izuku was starting to trust Kage more and more every meet. They had similar interests, and they were both incredibly kind, for example Izuku never excepted any money from Kage. But sometimes Izuku found more food in the food storage then there had been the day before or an extra ten dollars in his pocket. It was now July 15th, and Izuku's 7th birthday, Izuku of course wasn't expecting anything special as his 6th birthday last year was uneventful. So when Izuku saw Kage wearing civilian clothing, standing by his van, he was surprised.

     First of all Izuku had only seen Kage without his mask a few times, Kage had caramel skin adorned with a few wrinkles, and dark brown hair that was mixed with a few strands of silver. Second it wasn't a Friday and so far Kage had only came on Fridays. Something about the whole ordeal was suspicious. Izuku walked up to Kage, his school bag thrown over his shoulder.

"What are you doing here?"

"Oh hi Izuku, I've got a surprise for you!"

"What?"

"It is your birthday isn't it?"

"Well yes, but how do you-"

"Shhh, how I found out your day of birth is irrelevant, now we can't waste the whole afternoon come on."

"Uh o-okay?"

    Kage brought Izuku to a cafe down the street. They found a booth near the window and sat down.

"Why are we here?"

"We're going to spend your birthday here of course."

"I can't pa-"

"No I will, I'm the adult and I have plenty spare money."

"Bu-"

"Nope, this is my choice I will pay."

"..Fine."

"What can I get you and your son, sir?" said a waitress with long blue hair.

"O-oh um can we get two blueberry muffins and hot chocolates." Kage said awkwardly.

"Coming right up, sir."

    Once she was gone Kage pulled out a small gift wrapped box from his bag.

"This is for you."

"Kage I ca-"

"Just open it, kid."

"O-okay."  Izuku  took the gift and set it down on the table in front of him. He carefully removed the wrapping paper. Then he slide open the boxes flat top revealing a brand new pocket knife. It was all black with a stainless steal hilt and blade.

"W-wow, Kage I can't exep-"

"You can and you will."

"T-thank you." Izuku closed the knife and tucked it into his pocket.

"Happy Birthday, Izuku."

"Oh is it your Birthday young man?" said the waitress as she set down their order.

"Y-yes."

"Really? Well that is special isn't it, how old are you turning?"

"Se-seven."

"Seven! you're practically all grown up, how 'bout I get you a cupcake then, sweetie," she turns to Kage, "It's on the house."

"O-okay."

   The waitress left, and came back a few minutes later with a small chocolate cupcake with a candle sticking out of it.

"Here you go, sweetie." She said. Then she, Kage and a few other staff joined in singing Izuku happy birthday. Izuku's smile shone like the sun. He fell asleep happy that night.

(520 words)