thirteen

By the time we reached home that day, it was already half past nine. I was exhausted and so was Liam. Not only that I was drained from the long day of walking and talking, I was also tried from getting my hope up after another. My jaw was sore from how many time I left my mouth hanging wide open, thinking that I could finally get to say something to Liam but then he went ahead and took just another phone call after he ended one. It was like suddenly people from over the world wanted to talk to him the same day and time I had to talk to him the most.

It was killing me. How unclear the situation between us was but as of now, he still hadn't done or said anything to me about the whole kids' thing rather than showing me the contract the other night. I guessed after all, I might have just overreacted this whole thing.

The car took a sharp turn around the turnabout and parked right at the main entrance. I got out with the help from Travis and a few other men rushed to Liam's side, filling him up about all the things he missed at work today.

I followed Liam inside the house and we headed together upstairs. I kept my glance low as Liam and his men continued to talk all the way until we arrived at his side of the mansion.

Sighing to myself, I stood in front of my door. My hand reached up to grab the doorknob when a hard voice was heard.

"Going to bed?"

I looked at him then looked over at each of his men. They were staring at me.

"Y-yes..." I stuttered a little. Awkward.

"Alright." Liam nodded his head in approval. He sighed loudly and closed his eyes for a second before reopened them, "Pack your bag. We're going away for a couple of days."

"We?" I repeated, a bit in shock, "W-where're we going?"

"You will find out tomorrow." He answered, "Bring something to change. We will be leaving right away after the reception is over."

A tight knot formed in my stomach and my eyebrows. A quiet gasp escaped my dry lips and my next words came in a stammering.

"L-like, like a honeymoon?" I mumbled shockingly and even bigger of a shocker, he nodded.

"Yes." He said unimpressively before he repeated my phrase earlier, "Like a honeymoon."

Hot blush crept over my face and I shot him a look. The look.

"But I thought you said there will be no honeymoon." I whispered, or actually it came out sounding more like I was hissing at him under my breath. His answer though was so no call for.

"Well, I change my mind." He said, adding a throaty chuckle. I was so tempted to snap back with a 'what's so funny?' But given that we were standing right in front of everyone. I didn't want to embarrass myself and most importantly, pissed him off the night before our wedding, "Any questions?"

"No honeymoon...?" I slurred and continues to stare at him in disbelief, "Liam, you cannot be serious."

"Go pack your bag and get some rest, London." He said simply, waving me off as his attention is shifted toward his people.

"Liam." I called and stepped away from the door but I was too late. Liam and his men had already made their ways down to his office in the basement.