Sorry.

I guess there are two types of people in situations like these. The ones that shut down completely i.e - me and then there's the proactive ones, like Jordan. There is nothing worse than feeling completely and utterly helpless to a situation, when they took Liam away in the back of a cop car it honestly felt like someone had tore off all of my limbs Shook took over and 'm not sure if it was a delayed reaction to Jax abducting me or if it was seeing Liam so aggressive in the motel room or them taking him away but I couldn't move and I couldn't speak. I just wanted Liam back.

For several hours now Jordan had spoken with multiple people, lawyers, law enforcement officers and god knows who else. He didn't give himself five minutes of rest whereas I just sat quietly on my moms sofa feeling useless.

"I can't bail him out because he hasn't been processed yet. They're just holding him in a cell for now and they will question him later or tomorrow." Jordan placed my phone down on the coffee table and sat back on the sofa with his hands resting on the top of his head.

"Tomorrow!" I screeched, almost jumping up from the sofa in frustration.

"I know, it sucks but the good thing is that he hasn't been charged with anything yet so his soccer contract isn't in jeopardy" Jordan informed me, I never even thought about his contract. Shit. "They might even let him go tomorrow depending on what he tells them. My lawyer said it would really help him if we could prove it was self defense. I think I'm gonna go back to his mom." My eyes widened and I nervously started to bite my nails. Liam would not like that but Liam isn't here to stop him.

Wait, his phone.

"He has proof." I muttered quietly. "There's photos and videos on his phone." Jordan stood up and I watched him pace my living room, then he bent down to retrieve something from behind the sofa. He handed me Liams phone. 

"This phone?" I glanced down at the screen, it was smashed and on the bottom half of the screen the colours bled into one another in a inky display. I typed in the code and unlocked it, hitting on the photo app. The screen was very unresponsive to my fingers and I had to use a lot of pressure.

"You know how many times Liam has changed his phone? He's got them all saved on the cloud." A small smile grew across Jordan's lips, as if that was the exact moment he knew everything was going to be okay. It gave me some reassurance, although maybe not as much as him. 

"It's getting late." Jordan stood up awkwardly and I glanced at the clock to note that it was a little after eleven. I don't think they were going to let Liam go tonight. He pulled his car keys out of his pocket and swayed ever so slightly on his two feet. "I better be going." He said quietly. 

"I mean, you could stay ... if you want." He looked unsure, probably after Liams last reaction to us sleeping together. "I have an air mattress in my closet." I clarified. 

"Okay, if your mom won't mind." I grabbed his hand and showed him to my bedroom, it took me twenty minutes to set the bed up for him. I would say he helped me but he didn't, the whole time he gazed at the pictures on my wall and made comments about each one. 

"Done, get in bed." I pointed down at the air mattress and he looked at it, then looked at me.

"Oh, that thing is for me?" I narrowed my eyes at him but then he started laughing and climbed in. I lay in my own bed and the room fell silent. 

I gazed up at the plaster on the ceiling, searching it for bumps or cracks. I didn't even feel tired, sleeping was the last thing on my mind right now, not when I knew Liam was sleeping in a cell alone and probably scared to death. I glanced over at Jordan, he was mimicking my stance, staring up into the darkness with eyes that didn't seem heavy enough for sleep.