eleven

Jiyeon and Kyungmi managed to convince the scared Yunhee to sit next to them.

Kyungmi rubbed soothing motions on her back and Jiyeon did the same with her hand. The both of them were attempting to calm her from her obvious cries.

The two girls were not fond of Yunhee after what she did to Jiyeon but something about her seemed so off. She didn't seem as bold as she did when she did the thing to Jaemin. She didn't seem as carefree as she did then and that was something that Jiyeon noticed almost immediately.

"What's the matter?" Kyungmi asked and Yunhee simply shook her head, not wanting to reply to the question.

Jiyeon knew that it would probably be difficult to get her to actually say what she's really feeling so she decided to start with the most basic question she knew.

"How are you and Haechan?" At that question, Yunhee's lips began to tremble.

"Not good." Was all she muttered out in response as she fidgeted with her fingers.

"What happens between you two?" Kyungmi then asked, curious as to how one of her best friends treats his soulmate.

"He- um, he doesn't really like me but honestly, I can't blame him." Yunhee replied, a laugh emitting from her lips as she tried to cope with the reality of her life with her soulmate.

"You can tell us. We're here to help." Jiyeon said and Yunhee simply widened her eyes from the shock of her being so nice.

Jiyeon knew she wasn't supposed to like Yunhee but something had changed. It was as if Yunhee wasn't even the same girl anymore.

Eventually, Yunhee broke and began to cry about how she felt with Haechan. She couldn't blame him for hating her, though. She believed everything wrong with them is her fault and that she deserved to be treated in such a way.

Jiyeon and Kyungmi felt a lot of sympathy for the girl. She was clearly a sensitive soul who didn't take it easily when people yelled at her and blamed herself for anything that went wrong in her life and they wanted to know why.

With a discreet motion, Kyungmi pulled out her phone and told Jeno to talk to Haechan about his attitude with Yunhee.

Back downstairs when Jeno received the message, he showed his phone to Jaemin, knowing that the reason Haechan hates Yunhee in the first place is because of her actions with him.

Jaemin nodded at it in understanding and cleared his throat while his friends conversed, gathering their attention.

"Haechan, how are things with you and Yunhee? I know I asked this yesterday but I wanna know if anything happened." Jaemin said and Haechan gulped at the shift of the mood in the room.

"We're fine now." He lied and Jaemin raised a brow, knowing that Haechan was lying.

"Then why is she upstairs crying right now?" Jaemin said and those words hit Haechan immediately, the same pang in his heart appearing again. Everyone in the room widened their eyes and looked at Haechan who held a guilty expression.

"What do you mean she's crying?" Haechan asked, wondering if she heard his words again.

"Chenle, Jisung, take the kids to another room." Jeno told them and they obeyed, picking up Kyungsan and Sunhi to take them to another room. Buddy simply laid there, not understanding what was going on.

"Dude, she's crying cause she heard you say 'it's not like anyone cares' when they asked her if she was okay. She also said you yelled at her this morning." Jeno said as he re-read the text that Kyungmi had sent him.

"I yelled at her cause she was getting on my nerves!" Haechan defended immediately.

"How?" Renjun asked, curious as to what she even did to push Haechan's buttons.

"I was being fine in the morning. I told her I would wash the dishes so she can get ready but she just stood there looking at me and not going like I told her to do." He replied as he told them about the moment from the morning.

"Are you serious, Hyuck? I love you and all man but how are you this oblivious?" Mark asked and Haechan furrowed his brows, not understanding what he meant.

"What are you even talking about?" Haechan asked and Renjun shook his head.

"Haechan, she's trying to read you. You scare her and it's obvious. When you were being nice, I'm assuming that she was trying to see if you were actually in a good mood. She couldn't understand why you were suddenly being nice." Renjun explained and once again, the guilt hit him like a bus.

"Hyuck, she's blaming herself for everything. I understand if you're mad at what she did but take the time to remember that if Jiyeon and I are able to be nice to her and possibly forgive her soon, you can too." Jaemin said and Haechan kept his head hung low, thinking back on his past actions once again.

Back upstairs, Yunhee tried to calm her cries as Jiyeon and Kyungmi comforted her.

"Yunhee, why do you keep blaming yourself?" Kyungmi asked and Yunhee just shivered, memories flooding in her head.

"I'm just used to being the reason for everyone's problems." Yunhee said out as she reminisced her childhood and how she was constantly blamed for anything and everything. It impacts you greatly when everyone in your life blames you for all of their problems. Her situation with Haechan reminded her of it as well.

"Hey, don't think like that. Hyuck is a hard person to get loose and I'm pretty sure Jaemin and the boys are talking to him right now." Jiyeon assured and Yunhee nodded, feeling bad for taking up their time and ruining the bright mood the group once had.

"Jiyeon, I'm sorry once again. I truly don't know what got over me. I know this is some bullshit excuse but it's as if... I wasnt in my right state of mind. I'm really sorry." Yunhee apologized and Jiyeon shook her head, gently patting the girl's back.

"I can't say I forgive you completely and I'm pretty sure it's Jaemin's nice side rubbing off to me but just know that I'm here to help you with any problems with Hyuck. I understand what it's like to have any problems with your soulmate." Jiyeon said and Yunhee smiled, appreciating the kindness the two girls provided.

"We'll get back downstairs. Take your time to freshen up. We all understand." Kyungmi said and Yunhee nodded. The two girls left the room and left Yunhee there all alone.

As the two emerged from the staircase, Haechan stood up and looked at them with a slight worry in his eyes.

"Talk to her and be nice. She's sensitive and is beating herself up from your actions. Just be nice to her." Jiyeon said and Haechan nodded before going up the stairs.

"They better appreciate what we do." Kyungmi muttered as she texted someone very familiar.

———————————————
hi hello i hope ur all doing well!!

just wanted to let you guys know that i have a book where u guys can ask me questions :)

please vote and comment!!

lots of love,
t<3