Good Omen ~ Ch24

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

"Are you sure that I can't come with you?" I asked Nanami with a pout. The man looked at me with an unimpressed gaze and shook his head for around the fourth time today. Nanami seemed to respect me much more than anyone here but it was hard to appreciate it when he didn't have much to say to me.

"Yes. Kiyotaka will keep you company." Nanami answered as he put a hand on Yuuji's back and gently pushed him out of the room first before following behind him. I was quite disappointed as I had hoped that since Satoru had allowed me to join Yuuji on his mission, that I would be allowed to tag along the whole way. But no, I was here being babysat by Kiyotaka who for some reason does not talk much to me as much as he does to Yuuji or Gojo. It was upsetting.

Kiyotaka wished the two farewell as the door was pushed shut behind them and then turned to me with a sigh, ruffling his hair in thought.
"I'm afraid we won't be doing much today. We have a tv in that corner that can keep you entertained." The black haired male suggested as he pointed at the tv that sat untouched in the corner of the room.

Kiyotaka didn't really seem to care what I done as long as I wasn't loud about it. So I unwillingly turned on the tv and sat on the grey sofa, begining to watch a man talking about the weather. Sighing, I looked around for the remote that I knew was able to change what was called the channel. After a few minutes of searching helplessly, I gave up and once again let myself fall back into the sofa. With a quick glance to my right, I noticed that Kiyotaka was busy on his phone. A slight whine left my lips as I accepted my boring fate in this room. I honestly think my day would have been more interesting if I stayed behind. But the last time I did that, Yuuji died.

My thoughts were interrupted as an annoying ring echoed around the room. Kiyotaka's phone was ringing. The man answered the phone without hesitation, eager to start a conversation with anyone but me.
"Yes...Yes....Right now?....Of course. The street name is just on my computer. I'll message you the address." He spoke. Then he hung up the phone and left the room without a second thought so that he could get to the room with the computer.

My eyes glanced around the room awkwardly before darting over towards the door that was left open. Should I? Do I dare? I didn't want to stay in this room all day. With a gulp, I hesitantly stood to my feet and slowly walked over to the door. Carefully, I popped my head outside the room and check both sides of the hallway only to see that they were both clear. Well it was now or never.

I had grown accustomed to sneaking away from people. I had Sukuna to thank for that. For around two years straight, I had snuck out of the palace and it had gotten easier to do so every night. Now, it was nothing. I was just sneaking out of an unguarded building that was surounded by a busy street, one in which would let me slip into the crowd much quicker.

It didn't even take me a minute to exit the building. Before I knew it, I was on the outside and surrounded by a line of students following their teacher. I grinned cheekily and barged in between them and then rushed down the street. Giggling softly, I kept at a constant pace until I deemed myself far enough that Kiyotaka wouldn't easily find me. The man would certainly find me sooner or later but for some reason I wasn't too worried.

Now I was strolling down a street that was no longer packed with people, this one instead filled with restaurants that I unfortunately could not treat myself to. It was unfortunate that I had no money on me, that meant I wouldn't have much sights to see. I wasn't sure where I was going. My plan of escaping and wondering around the city was a very spontaneous decision and I honestly don't know what I plan to do with my time.

My thoughts were interrupted as a light blue haired man passed me and completely snatched my attention. He had long hair up to his chest and stitches that covered each of his limbs. Gasping in awe, I couldn't help but unconsciously trail behind him as he walked. I studied the way he looked, figuring out where every stitch was and how far it travelled. I had never seen someone like this before and even though to some his looks may seem scary, to me it was unique and interesting.