(2) The New Girl

Stiles' jeep pulled up into the school parking lot with Alex in the passenger seat. As the pair exited the car Scott pulled up with his bike and after Jackson's comment Scott joined them and they stood on the side of the path up to the high school.

"So what was that text about?" Alex asked. Scott had sent a text last night that he needed to tell them something at school.

Without answering he pulled up his shirt to reveal a bandage with blood marks on it. "Something attacked me after you two left. And I think it was a wolf, I heard a howl too."

"That's impossible." Stiles said like it was the most unbelievable thing ever.

"What? Wait, why is it impossible?" Scott asked with a very confused look on his face.

"Dude it's California." Stiles said. Scott was standing there with a 'so?' expression.

"California doesn't have wolves." Alex said.

"Yeah, not for like 60 years." Stiles concluded. "But that bite is awesome though, it might've been a mountain lion."

"Awesome? Really Stiles? I swear to god, if you two think an animal attack is awesome, you're going to be dead by the end of high school." Alex rolled her eyes. She didn't have time to hear a response as someone grabbed her hand and led her away from the two boys.

"You and me, shopping after the tryouts." Lydia's voice said as Alex actually turned around and looked at her. "Oh and Danny's coming too."

"Hey Lyds, I missed you." Alex said as she hugged her female best friend.

"Yeah, yeah, you know i'm not one for hugs Lexi." Lydia told her as she tried to sneak away from her arms. "And don't ruin my hair, at least not before Jackson sees it."

And like a magnet drew him near at the sound of his name, Jackson lifted Lydia up from behind and she squealed as he spun her around before kissing her. Alex never had anything against him, but she had something against his way of treating her other best friends.

And like a guardian angel the bell rang and Danny, who had come out of nowhere, put his arm through Alex's, and dragged her to class.

"Well, looks like those two are having quite the reunion." Danny pointed out. "Hey Lexi, I missed you."

"I missed you too, I can't believe you were gone most of summer, we spent little to none time together." Alex said as they walked to class.

"I know, but we'll have to catch up on that during this school year."

§{~}§

Alex was sitting beside Danny in the classroom, Stiles was almost in the front, and Scott was sitting two seats in front of Danny. The teacher was talking about something but Alex wasn't really paying attention, she had her mind on the animal that attacked Scott last night.

Suddenly the principal entered the classroom with a girl standing next to him.

"Hey, sorry to bother you, class, you have a new student! Meet Allison Argent." The principal said. "I expect you all to make her feel welcome, Ms. Argent, go take a seat."

Allison took the seat behind Scott as everyone opened their books like the teacher told them to. Alex guessed that she asked Scott for a pen, because he turned around and gave one to her.

As class finished Alex tapped Allison on her shoulder before she left.

"Hi, I'm Alexandra, but everyone calls me Alex or Lexi. And this is Danny." Alex told the new girl as she smiled at her. Danny also said hi before he had to go meet with some other friends.

"I'm Allison, it's nice to meet you." She answered. "Would you mind helping me find my locker?"

"Not at all." Alex said as the girls stepped out of the classroom.

§{~}§

"Can someone tell me how new girl is here all of five minutes, and she's already hanging with Lydia's clique." Some girl said as Alex was heading towards the guys.

"Because she's hot." Stiles answered. "Beautiful people herd together."

"Oh is that so?" Alex said as the girl left the boys. She tilted her head as Stiles turned around to face her.

"Allie, hey, we were just talking about the new girl." Stiles said, kind of nervously, but Alex didn't understand why.

"Oh yeah, and how Scott has a major crush on her." Alex said.

Scott wasn't listening for some reason. He was so focused on the new girl that he couldn't hear anything else.

"Scott? Hellooo?" She tried to snap him out of his haze.

"Scott!" Stiles snapped his fingers in front of his face. He finally snapped out of it.

"Sorry, zoned out for a sec." He answered scratching his head.

"Yeah, drooling over Allison." Alex rolled her eyes. "Well I'm going to go meet Lydia at the stands, good luck at tryouts guys!"

Alex left the boys and went over to the lacrosse field.

§{~}§

Alex found Lydia and Allison sitting at the bench later on.

"Hey Lexi!" Lydia greeted Alex as she sat down next to Allison.

"Hey guys." She greeted back with a smile.

Scott was for some reason making his way over to the goal. Alex was very confused, she knew he wanted to make first line but he had never played goal before.

The sound of the whistle ringed and one of the lacrosse players started running to shoot his shot.

The ball hit Scott right in the face and both Allison and Alex cringed as the sound of laughter filled the stadium.

"Hey, way to catch with your face, McCall!" One of the players said while laughing with his teammates.

Scott got up again, but he seemed more determined this time. Alex got up and went to go sit down on the bench with Stiles.

She had just sat down as the next player started running to take his shot, and to everyone's surprise, even Scott's, he caught the ball.

It took a second but then Alex and Stiles exclaimed happily.

"Whoo-hoo!"
"Whoo!" Stiles and Alex cheered again.

More and more of the crowd started cheering as Scott caught all the balls that were fired at him.

As the players had shot their turns, Jackson stepped up in front of the line.

He started running, and then he shot the ball. Cheers erupted as Scott caught the ball again.

The two friends sitting on the bench both jumped up in joy.

"That is my friend!" Stiles said very proudly as everyone cheered.