SIXTEEN

*CRINGE ALERT AT THE END* Tho I'm sure you're used to it by now.

Trying to make JJ jealous with Harry just wouldn't work. I couldn't force myself to think about Harry in ways other than as a friend, and it was killing me. My original thought would have been to try with someone else, but I knew I would get the same result. So what was I meant to do?

JJ was, of course, avoiding me. He went into his room and didn't come out for hours. But when the doorbell rang, he barreled out of his room and pushed straight past me, leaving me confused and tilting my head. I met eyes with Josh, who was equally as confused as me. At that point, it was dark out, and Vik had disappeared into his room to start his long night of streaming. Sometimes, I would go into his room while he was streaming, just to keep him company. Simon was at his girlfriend's.

I followed Josh to the living room, where JJ had his arm around a girl. When I saw her, my eyes widened.

"Jenna?" I glanced over at JJ, who wasn't even looking at me. He was staring at her with a look I knew too well.

Desire.

It was the same look he'd given me in LA.

Why did it hurt me so much? I shouldn't have cared. I told myself I didn't care.

She smiled at me, but it wasn't a normal smile. Clearly, she was still mad at me for what I'd done to her, but she acted like nothing happened. "Hey Cass. JJ told me you were living here."

Josh put a hand on my shoulder and stood behind me, so I relaxed. At that point, everyone knew about what happened between Jenna and I. Hell, JJ was there.

"Well, we'll be upstairs," JJ smirked at me as he wrapped an arm around Jenna's waist, leading her out of the room. I stood there, frozen. Josh patted my shoulder awkwardly.

"Wanna get out for a bit? Grab something to eat?" He smiled warmly at me and I sighed. I returned his smile but shook my head.

"Thanks, but I think I'll turn in," I shrugged. I wasn't tired, but the sleep would take away the thousands of thoughts running through my head. I stayed put for a minute. "He...does remember who she is...right?"

He scratched his beard. "I think that's why he did it. You know how he is. He'll do anything or anyone to get under your skin."

I cringed. "But don't you think this is taking it too far?"

He nodded and looked down at his feet. I sighed again, saying goodnight before going into my room and falling face first onto my bed. I closed my eyes, but they immediately popped open when I heard giggling coming from JJ's room.

I groaned, trying to drown out the noise by pulling a pillow over my head. When it didn't work, I cursed and brought out my earbuds, putting them both in my ears and turning up the volume so loud that I couldn't hear anything anymore. I laid down and faced the wall, ignoring the painful feeling in my chest when I thought about what they were doing in there. He was probably enjoying it more than he had with us.

I closed my eyes, listening to the music, but being interrupted when I got a call.

I sighed and answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Cassie! You're a very hard person to get a hold of."

I groaned. "What do you want, Jason?"

"Are you still dating that one guy?" He asked me. I tilted my head, but I realized that JJ had told him we were dating. I looked over in the direction of JJ's room and got an idea.