Chapter 10

"That motherfucker!" I yelled

"What?" Charlie asked

"This bitch is trying to use my sister to get information on our team!" I exclaimed

"Why would he do that?"

"Because we are the number one ranking team in the world to get shit done quickly, quietly, and without a mess. We are the most lethal group, that everybody knows not to cross."

"So why would someone be looking for information about you guys?"

"My damn egg and sperm donors." I spat, picking up my phone and calling Lyla

"Got anything on him?"

"Don't let that fucker anywhere near her or the rest of you guys. Check for any sort of bugs. That fucking asshole is looking for info on us to give to my parents."

"Got it. Thanks for your help. See you soon hopefully, love you."

"Love you too. Bye" I hung up

Before putting my phone away, I sent a text to the guys from the station

                                                                   Forks Force

                                                                                                             Me-- Yo. emergency meeting at the diner.

Hondo-- Why?

Lee-- Why the diner and not the station?

                                                                                                              Me-- Because of Isabitch... We need to                                                                                                                        cheer up Chief. I'm paying for the food.

Sanchez-- be there in five

Hondo-- be there in ten

Lee-- what Hondo said

Rodriguez-- Be there in twenty.                                                                                                                                              Gotta put the kid to bed first.

                                                                                                                Me-- Sounds good. Also please don't                                                                                                                               mention either this chat or what I                                                                                                                             called his daughter to him, please?

Sanchez-- don't worry about it chica, we got you.                                                                                                                Operation Cheer the Chief is in motion

                                                                                                                  Me-- thanks guys

"Who are you texting?"

"Nobody important. How much longer?"

"We are a couple of minutes away."

"Good cause I am starving!"

We both started laughing

~~~~~

The rest of the night went without a hitch. Everyone was chatting and laughing. Charlie and I were heading back to his house. I was driving because Charlie did have a couple of drinks to go with his meal.

"Charlie?"

"Yes?"

"Would you like me to stay here tonight, so you won't be alone?" I asked

"You don't have to if you don't want to." He answered

"If I didn't want to, I wouldn't have offered. Now answer the question, do you or do you not want me to stay?"

"You can stay."

"Good. I will only swing by my house real quick to grab a few essential things needed for the night, then we can head to your humble abode."

"Sounds good."

I pulled into the garage and dashed into the house, running up the stairs and into my room. I threw some clothes and other essentials into a duffel bag.

"Bandit, come here boy!" I called out.

I heard rapid clicking of nails coming toward me. Bandit came to a sit right in front of me. I crouched down and began to scratch behind his ears.

"How's my sweet boy doing?" I asked.

Bandit's tail started wagging.

"Let's go see Chief Swan buddy." I state standing back up and walking down the stairs, Bandit following.

~~~~~

"Who's the little guy?" Charlie asked spotting Bandit bounding over to him

"This is Bandit. I found him a little while ago and adopted him as no one claimed him." I replied, "he even picked out his name."

Charlie bent down and stretched Bandit behind his ears while talking to him in a goofy voice.