31

the doctor came through the hallway, walking towards you. you had never seen him before but figured he must be working here on the infirmary only.

he stopped right next to your bed as you were still sitting there, he introduced himself, "i am kaito kuboyasu." he said as he looked at you.

"i treated your injuries when you were out." he spoke up with no emotion on his face. you tilted your head and looked upwards to the doctor.

he had pitch black hair which was slit back and a sharp jawline, it looked like he was in his mid 20s too, wearing a neat white blouse which was tucked in his black trousers, accompanied by a black belt.

with his dark green eyes looking at you, you looked back at his gaze and wanted to speak up.

opening your mouth, your throat still felt dry. kaito stopped you before you even had the chance to talk too. "you shouldnt talk right now." he spoke up sternly.

"thats what i said too!" you heard your overly excited sensei say, who was standing next to kaito now. the doctor looked at gojo and spoke up, "and yet she is still attempting to do so." he breathed out.

his eyes narrowed at gojo and he continued, "seems like you didnt leave much of an impression then." he said in an irritated tone.

you could tell from their conversation that they were not the best of friends. trying to clear the uncomfortable atmosphere by coughing, you caught the attention of both men.

kaito looked back at you and spoke up, "i apologize for the distraction." he said while folding his arms in front of his chest.

he looked you in the eye and continued. "i have performed two surgeries on you and they both were successful." kaito said as he held his intense gaze. "there is no need for future medication nor other treatment." he spoke with his monotone voice

gojo clapped his hands together and told you excitedly, "once youre healed, youre good to go!" he said with a big smile on his face as he held out his hand to give you a thumbs up.

you felt slightly intimidated by the tall man standing next to you who was looking down on you. "l/n, you do need to stay here for at least two more days untill you can get discarded." kaito concluded.

the doctor tilted his hand up to brush a few streaks of hair that fell on the front of his forehead, you took this as a sign that he was finished and you nodded your head at him.

right as you nodded, you heard several footsteps approaching the door of the infirmary. you snapped your head back at the sound and the door slid open.

the first one you spotted was the taller man with the blonde hair and glasses, he was talking to someone so you only saw his side profile at the moment.

you could make out a few words of what he was saying, "and dont overwhelm her too much." he spoke while pointing his finger at someone.

"she is still healing, i get it." you heard a familiar voice drag out. you smiled as you heard the voice of your only female comrade.

gojo stood straight and was about to leave, to tell the second years that you had woken up, it would only be fair to do so. he walked over to the door and opened it.

the door now fully slid open and revealed an excited nobara and yuuji, along with megumi who had a small smile on his face.

"y/n!", nobara yelled out and she came rushing past gojo, to your bed. she stood next to your bed and looked awkwardly at the doctor who was already standing there.

she snapped her head back and you immediately saw her pout, you let out a soft laugh at her usual quick mood change.

"y/n, you left me alone with these two for 10 whole days!" she complained as she was glad you finally woke up. "how could you?!" she continued and brought her hands up to hold her hair.

yuuji seemed to be offended by nobaras statement and let out a, "eh?" while tilting his head towards her. "i thought we had fun?" he spoke up innocently and slightly hurt.

you looked at their dynamic and smiled once more, you were glad to be back. megumi on the other hand was looking at you and approached you, to stand closer to your bed.

with both hands in his pockets, he spoke up, "are you feeling better now?" he asked with the slightest bit of concern in his voice.

you looked at him and saw that he had his bored look on as always, but was showing concern nonetheless. it reminded you of that time when he indirectly asked for a kiss in the forest, he was always unpredictable when it came to emotions.

nodding your head, you saw the corners of his mouth curl up in an unnoticeable way, but you caught his smile anyways. he got one hand out of his pocket and raised it.

putting his hand on top of your head and ruffling your hair slightly, just like he did when you, megumi and nobara had your first encounter with toudou and mai. he spoke up, "good." in a soft tone while still looking at you.

his gaze became soft and you heard footsteps nearing the infirmary once again, with the door already opened, you saw the silhouette of your sensei.

gojo spoke up, "the second years want to visit too." he said while walking further into the room. "a certain one was really passionate about wanting to see you, l/n." gojo continued as he sat down on the chair he had been sitting on for the previous two days.

"but i told them they could do so tomorrow, otherwise it would be too much for you." he spoke up with a small smile.

witnessing the situation in front of him, two comrades bickering and the other two caring. it really was a friendship he missed to see.

megumi still had his hand on top of your head and gojo noticed so too. he shot megumi a certain look and the latter quickly retracted his hand, back into his pocket.

you wondered what happened between them when you were gone but let it slide nonetheless.

thinking to yourself, 'only two more days and ill be able to grow stronger again, along with them.' you smiled at the thought.