Chapter 22: Kangmi

Kangmi had a nice life growing up. Being the only girl in the family always gave her an advantage. She always got what she wanted and was spoiled with a lot of gifts and love. For a long time, it was only her, her twin brother, her older brother, her mom, and her dad. They would always find time to spend together even though her parents lived a very busy life. Her dad is the CEO of a company that managed many apartment complexes, and her mom was the owner of two very popular dress boutiques and a designer. It seemed like an amazing life, right?

She always had everything she wanted, and her parents always spoiled her and her brothers. A few years later, they learned that another baby was on the way which brought happiness to the family. Kangmi was happy to know that she would have a little brother to protect and love just like Donghyun and Junseo did to her, and her brothers were happy that there would be another boy in the family.

Everything was happiness and excitement until her mom started having complications with her pregnancy. It was known to the married couple that Mrs. Jeon was one to always have severe complications when it came to pregnancy because of her family genes, so it was no surprise to them. However, they also knew that Mrs. Jeon wasn't supposed to have another kid because it was too risky, but when she learned that she was pregnant she didn't have the heart to get rid of the baby. So she had Yeongdo at the cost of her own life.

That was when everything took a turn, Mr. Jeon stopped being the lovely father he was and instead became strict, cold, and distant. This caused Donghyun to be the one to raise Kangmi, Junseo, and Yeongdo while also maintaining his responsibility as a student and future heir of Jeon inc. From the moment Mrs. Jeon died, the three siblings knew that things would change, and even though they knew that it was because of the pregnancy that she died, not even once did they hold it accountable against Yeongdo. Instead, they pampered Yeongdo with love and treated him like their mom used to them.

However, like any other normal student, Donghyun had to leave for college and couldn't take care of his siblings full time because he would study in the US upon his father's request. That was when Kangmi and Junseo fully stepped into the roles of being Yeongdo's full-time caretakers. I mean they had already always been there for Yeongdo when Donghyun was busy with school work, but this was different. They were fully jumping into the responsibility of taking care of a toddler. At least, they had each other.

They were 13 when their older brother left for college, and Yeongdo was only 3. Even though they would have wanted for their older brother to stay they couldn't hold him back from leaving, so Kangmi and Junseo learned to take care of their little brother while also doing their best in school. They were 13 when they took on the full responsibility of raising their little brother which basically took their childhood and teenage lives away. Of course, they had babysitters, cooks, and staff that did their cleaning, food and would help with the house. Yet the twins chose to be the ones to raise their little brother while also helping the staff clean and do stuff with the house and this eventually led to them being treated like family by the staff.

They were known as the good-hearted twins by the staff and when they would do something bad the staff always had their back when their dad would find out. The staff would always find joy when talking to either of them and most of them became parental figures to them. They showed them how to cook, keep a garden nice and healthy, how to drive, how to use a bicycle and many other things. Another thing they loved about the young twins was that they took their time to visit orphanages and donate money to causes.

They were known as the "dynamic duo" or "double trouble" because even though they were the most warm-hearted twins they were also mischievous. From day 1, they were born to cause trouble and change lives. Junseo was awkward, smart, and calm while Kangmi was playful, sporty, and a social butterfly. They were so alike yet so different, but one thing was clear: if you messed with one of them, the other one would come for you. This is because they had promised each other to always have each other's back no matter what.